Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
mpdwag
mpdwag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PocketEdge
1st Post - Questions

Hi Everyone!
I've had mt PE for about 6 months, and I really like it. I've done the Golden Allmine update, and it's working well, but I would use it far more than I do if it had some way to password-protect the device; as it is now, I'm afraid to put all my contacts, calendar, etc. into it for fear of losing it.

Question #1: Has anyone found a way to password-protect the screen lock, or another way to achieve similar security?

I'm a bit of a trivia geek, and enjoy playing NTN's Buzztime Trivia at the local pub. They have an Android app (http://www.buzztime.com/android-playmaker) that I've installed, but it seems to require GPS functionality to work; when I open the app I get an error message that says "Location Services Required", and the app shuts down.

Question #2: Is there a way to fake out the GPS check? Alternately, Is there a way to connect a GPS to the device and have it work?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along, but so far, so good.
Thanks for any replies.
mpdwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Protection code: see here at #6 in "Ermine Bugs"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138186

You can connect GPS antenna via bluetooth
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=GPS+bluetooth
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to the forum and to MobileRead (well, to posting, anyway!! )!

I can't improve on Lorenzoens's answers, but there may be alternatives if his suggestions don't work for you.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quicker Free allows you to set a lock screen pattern: http://www.1mobile.com/quicker-free-357254.html

You can also password protect most critical Apps using an App from ES Products called ES Security Manager. The SMS options won't work on the eDGe but everything else will. Check it out here among ES's other great Apps:

http://www.estrongs.com/en/products.html

Last edited by obsessed2; 03-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote