Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
cheap web host?

I'm in need of a web hosting. Who is cheap and good?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Requirements? Shared or dedicated? Server side scripting language (ASP, Perl, PHP, Python)?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Requirements? Shared or dedicated? Server side scripting language (ASP, Perl, PHP, Python)?
All I need is a place to point the domain to, and host a few web pages and about 50MB of program files (for download). I don't expect to need any scripting language.

I'm not sure what you mean by shared or dedicated, but I assume since I will be using my own domain it will be dedicated, right?

Last edited by Nate the great; 08-12-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I've used Arvixe for years and they've been very reliable with excellent customer support. $40/year if you pay by the year, which includes a domain. They have practically everything in terms of space, bandwidth, and features.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
I've used Arvixe for years and they've been very reliable with excellent customer support. $40/year if you pay by the year, which includes a domain. They have practically everything in terms of space, bandwidth, and features.
That's a much better price than what GoDaddy was quoting. I'll consider it. Thanks.
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
All I need is a place to point the domain to, and host a few web pages and about 50MB of program files (for download). I don't expect to need any scripting language.

I'm not sure what you mean by shared or dedicated, but I assume since I will be using my own domain it will be dedicated, right?
Nope, you just need shared. Dedicated is if you run websites with quite a bit of load, e.g. busy forums, etc. For plain HTML and other static files, a shared hosting account is likely fine. I use 1and1.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That's a much better price than what GoDaddy was quoting. I'll consider it. Thanks.
There have been quite a few cases where I've had a question and received instant support either from the forums or live chat. They've gone so far to search the internet to find a web application for me, install programs on their server that I needed, and add complimentary upgrades to my account. For example, I signed up quite a while back under an old plan that offered 100 MB storage + 1 GB bandwidth for $30/year. Now I still pay $30 a year (the old rate) but they've given me all of the new features! (unlimited) They also restored my account from a backup once for me when my site was taken down by hackers due to a bug in my old (unpatched) blog software. Plus, they have lots of scripting extras (if you need them) for which most other hosts charge extra.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I pay $4/month at Total Choice Hosting, been using them for many years, and have never had any issues.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:43 AM   #9
Jack Webhosting
Jack Webhosting began at the beginning.

Device: none
When “cheap web hosting” goes into mind, many people think that there is no way that a cheaply priced web hosting could give them excellent service and quality. Although there are some providers that offer cheap web hosting and do not give high returns, cheap web hosting with excellent quality does exist.

If you really consider the price of a web hosting, it is a good idea to consider cheap web hosting that offers the same level of services compared to more expensive hosting packages. However, don’t just grab any cheap web hosting deals just yet.

Thanks for sharing...

Affordable & Reliable Web Hosting
Jack Webhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
I use HostGator & HostPC. Hostgator has a 20% off coupon for your initial order. Been real happy with both, but prefer HostGator more. Tried 1&1 annd didn't like them.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote