Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Irislap
Irislap began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Tap area for page turning

Hi all. Sorry for my bad english.
I'd like to know if there is a trick to reduce the tap area for page turning (for instance, bottom left screen corner for page back, bottom right for page forward), to reduce the possibility of unwanted turnings due to unintentional taps while reading a book.
Thanks in advance,
Bye
Irislap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irislap View Post
Hi all. Sorry for my bad english.
I'd like to know if there is a trick to reduce the tap area for page turning (for instance, bottom left screen corner for page back, bottom right for page forward), to reduce the possibility of unwanted turnings due to unintentional taps while reading a book.
Thanks in advance,
Bye
As far as I know, you can change the tap areas to 3 or 4 predefined variants but there is no way to resize tap zones.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
And the problem with Kobo seems to be more the page not turning when you tap, and not unintentional taps.

Over time, you'll learn how to use the device so you won't unintentionally tap it.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:46 AM   #4
Irislap
Irislap began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm not a newbie about kobo (glo)... it simply happens. I know the 3 predefined variants, I was asking about mods to further reduce areas... But, evidently, there aren't. Thank you anyway.
Irislap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
Inkblot
Canadian and proud of it!
Inkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura (N514)
Yep, this is the only thing I miss from the older Kobos with the really big bottom bezel... they were so easy to hold. I wish there was a way to disable touch when reading on the bottom two inches of the screen. This would at least let me hold it like a real book. Unfortunately, that is not possible (yet...).

I might add, the SleepCover really makes my Aura easier to hold when reading. That was the deciding factor in my purchase of the cover, despite the steep price (~$35).

Last edited by Inkblot; 11-02-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Inkblot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
reading settings