Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #1651
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've just confirmed my request to Alex Turcic, to delete my account.
Ideally all my threads as well, but I don't know whether this can and will be done as well. And I won't be able to tell, as I won't visit the website any longer after my account is deleted.

I'm very well into active discussions. But I'm not into scatology or bashing.
Especially, if it's about a poll in a user forum.
To some it may be their livelihood (which wasn't threatened or belittled in any way by me) but to me it's a hobby.
As in "being fun".
I find the tone less and less fun, not just in my threads and concerning me.
So it's time to move on.
I'll keep buying stuff, but those gadgets never will be half as important for me, as they seem to be for some others. And even then I don't get the aggression. But fortunately enough, I don't have to take notice...

mg:

Go if you must, but you don't have to go to the lengths of self-immolation. Leave the account, change the settings so you don't get notified...maybe down the road you'll feel differently. I wish you would stay, but I certainly understand if you feel you cannot.

Whether you can see this or not, wishing you the best.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #1652
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Vielen Dank für dieses Thema und all Deine anderen Beiträge!

(Und strafe die Eagles nicht Lügen: You can check out any time you want but you can never leave! )
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #1653
Mathemagician
Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.Mathemagician reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kinlde Voyage
Blackberry Passport

You have mentioned email signatures in your description.
I have a complex email signature, not only with HTML, but a logo and other details.
In Microsoft Outlook I can copy the entire signature and use it as my standard signature.
On my smartphones I cannot even copy this signature as a graphic. The links would not be working any longer in a graphic, but it would be a compromise.
But my favorite solution would be to work the same way as with Microsoft Outlook.
Is this possible on Blackberry Passport? Or on any other device except Microsoft Outlook?
Mathemagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #1654
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Nein!!! Geh nicht! Die Mehrheit hier mag Dich, sehr sogar, und wir lesen super gern was Du schreibst.

Ich hoffe sehr, dass Du es Dir doch nochmals anders überlegt. Bitte bleib.
What aceflor said! (I think--my German is sehr rusty.)

I've always considered mobileread participants to be extremely lucky to have a resource like you, mgmueller. It just never happens that a discerning consumer tries out so many devices and shares his extremely worthwhile opinions and reasonings on each.

Whenever I think about buying a new device, I come to this thread and wade through it all to find anything you might say about said device. Thanks for everything. This is terrible news.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #1655
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Hmmm...
Of course you could buy the Surface Pro, but without the keyboard/cover.
I have 2 fantastic sleeves, they both would protect it well enough even without cover.
And then you just could use Surface Pro with any bluetooth or USB keyboard. Or via docking station. Or...
That's what I did. I bought a Surface Pro 2, but won't buy the type cover. I prefer to use a disconnected keyboard so I can move it relative to the screen. I bought a nice sleeve but am still in the process of finding a good keyboard (I am looking at the new wireless microsoft natural keyboard...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #1656
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
That's what I did. I bought a Surface Pro 2, but won't buy the type cover. I prefer to use a disconnected keyboard so I can move it relative to the screen. I bought a nice sleeve but am still in the process of finding a good keyboard (I am looking at the new wireless microsoft natural keyboard...)
I don't know if you're a "pounder" like me, but the Naturals keyboard didn't even make it 3mos with me, before the lettering wore off. It doesn't matter to me--touch typist--but I share the house with someone who does have to look at the keys, so that went flying right out the window. I've yet to find a keyboard that lasts even 6 months, lettering-wise. I was going to give up and just buy a stack of Waves, from Logitech (I like the ergo shape), as that's what I have now, and mostly like, but ...it's just frustrating as hell.

Hitch
Old 11-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #1657
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I don't know if you're a "pounder" like me, but the Naturals keyboard didn't even make it 3mos with me, before the lettering wore off. It doesn't matter to me--touch typist--but I share the house with someone who does have to look at the keys, so that went flying right out the window. I've yet to find a keyboard that lasts even 6 months, lettering-wise. I was going to give up and just buy a stack of Waves, from Logitech (I like the ergo shape), as that's what I have now, and mostly like, but ...it's just frustrating as hell.

Hitch
My previous Naturals (I got two, one for work and one for private use) were missing some letters, indeed. Not that I'd notice and my husband can't use my keyboard anyway, as he can't work on a natural :P I even completely wore down that small thingie on the j and f (which was the main reason I bought a new one, placing my fingers became annoying!)

I like the form of the new ones, they're less bulky and yet have exactly the same form...
Old 11-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #1658
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hitch
IBM has a really durable keyboard. Model M or someting like that..
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:19 AM   #1659
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why do your "tech friends" recommend against it? I like Windows 8.1 a lot.
Pwned by design, with no way to adequately secure it.
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:05 AM   #1660
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
IBM has a really durable keyboard. Model M or someting like that..
I've also seen a quasi-ergo keyboard with Cherry MX'es, so I might look at that. I just spend too many hours a day keying, to not have at least an angle to the two halves; the IBM's are indeed tres-durable, but straight as a board. ;-)

Hitch
Old 11-19-2014, 02:40 AM   #1661
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
Can you elaborate on that, please?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:59 AM   #1662
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can you elaborate on that, please?
Yes, I forgot, due to the keyboard post: ditto on this question?

Hitch
Old 11-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #1663
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat_Lux View Post
This is pure FUD!
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #1664
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #1665
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
This is pure FUD!
I don't understand why Fiat_Lux is saying what he is, but what does FUD mean?

Tags
comparing, comparison, features, readers, test