Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
Run62
Run62 began at the beginning.

Device: Droid
Remove first page of Calibre Converted epub

I am using Calibre to convert my html e-book to epub. My book cover is the first page in my html document, BUT when I use CONVERT BOOKS, the resulting epub file is a Calibre generated cover as its first page. My book cover is now page 2. I do not want to have the Calibre page as my first page. How do I prevent this from happening when I use Calibre's CONVERT BOOKS feature?

Thank you.
Run62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Probably the easiest thing to do is to set your cover as the one at the Calibre Metadata level. Then when converting in structure detection settings set the option to remove the first image to remove the one already there. That way the cover you see in Calibre will be the one you get in the book, and the over will be correctly tagged as such inside the ePub file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Billowz
Billowz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Billowz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Billowz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thumbs up

Very helpful, thanks!! I was foolishly forgetting to click 'remove first image' and could not figure out what was going on...
Billowz is offline   Reply With Quote