Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #616
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
If I remember right I experienced this once. Changing either the font or Style settings - embedded fonts off did the trick for me.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:47 AM   #617
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I found text colour in the style settings.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #618
ks.
ks. began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 631
Could you please change style of text formatting in dictionaries?
Now translation looks like italic, examples looks like bold. It's more convenient if only translation would be bold.
ks. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #619
CTAC
CTAC began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 840
OPDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
I don't intend to implement that since the Russian version of the firmware has that (or at least had that in some 5.* version). I expect it to be implemented in the firmware library.
Hello once again. Yes, fw5.11 & 5.15 contains OPDS library BUT:

- they do not allow to use OPDS for devices bought outside Russia (according to their tech support)!

It is very strange for me that they checks my serial number each time when my PB840 goes online and decide, which ebook store I can use and all stuff like this - it is not iPhone, dudes!

So could you please:
1. add possibility to get books via OPDS in your reader?
2. allow to run cr3 as usual app from library (without extension.cfg) and possibility to open a book from PB840?
CTAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:03 AM   #620
Cronos2
Cronos2 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathissimo View Post
Hey guys...
I am running into this opening error when I start the dictionary feature. I researched a lot but didn't find any fix. Actually not much to my problem at all:
@LucyOne hints to set the dictionary in the device's settings appropriately - doesn't work for me.

I tried different dictionarys and put them into the following dir:
Code:
/system/dictionaries/
They appear in device's list. But doesn't help with CR3.

Anybody any ideas here? I'd really appreciate anything right now

BTW My setup
  • Hardware: PB626 aka Lux 3
  • Current firmware: 5.14
  • current cr3: v0.0.6-17-61.1 / pro5
I've got exactly the same problem just on different device.

When there are no files in "dictionaries" folder - Coolreader says: "No dictionaries installed" - pretty obvious. However when I put there dictionaries (.dic files) I am always getting "error at opening dictionary" message from Coolreader.
These dictionaries appear in the device list of dictionaries, I also checked and they worked seamlessly with default Pocketbook software (for example when reading pdf file). In other words problem is not about a dictionary - I pressume there is some issue with Coolreader that hopefully could be fixed.

My configuration
Pocketbook Touch HD, with firmware 5.16.479
Coolreader 3: cr3-v.0.0.6-17-61.1-pro5

PS. I tested a lot of dictionaries from different sources.

Last edited by Cronos2; 04-29-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Cronos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #621
skip_sands
Enthusiast
skip_sands began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite
I'm using cool reader on a pocketbook touch hd. It works great with all its features.One thing that really bothers me though is that the cool reader removes all blank paragraph spacings if there is a section break inside a chapter. While reading that leads to "wow, how did he get to another place so quickly" or you realize a couple of sentences into a paragraph that the narrator has changed to another person. Is there a way to tell cool reader to not remove those blank lines without adding before and after spaces to every paragraph?
skip_sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:20 AM   #622
Serpico
Enthusiast
Serpico began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip_sands View Post
I'm using cool reader on a pocketbook touch hd. It works great with all its features.One thing that really bothers me though is that the cool reader removes all blank paragraph spacings if there is a section break inside a chapter. While reading that leads to "wow, how did he get to another place so quickly" or you realize a couple of sentences into a paragraph that the narrator has changed to another person. Is there a way to tell cool reader to not remove those blank lines without adding before and after spaces to every paragraph?
Let us know some screen with an example.
Serpico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #623
skip_sands
Enthusiast
skip_sands began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico View Post
Let us know some screen with an example.
Here you go. One is with the embedded font turned on (then I cannot use the invert screen option. if turned on it shows a black blank page) and the chapter break shows as it should. The other one shows the embedded font turned off with some other font and the break is gone. Any idea why that is?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0001.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	156894   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0002.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	156895  
skip_sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #624
Serpico
Enthusiast
Serpico began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
@skip_sands

You might want to tinker with Preferences - Style settings/Default paragraph formatting/Interline space.
Serpico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 AM   #625
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Many months ago I wrote if there is any option in CR3 that each ebook should have own font I set? Now it is that each ebook has one font I select in options. Answer is that this feature is possible or works with the default reading software on Pocketbook with Adobe Reader. Why not with CR3?
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #626
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos2 View Post
I've got exactly the same problem just on different device.

When there are no files in "dictionaries" folder - Coolreader says: "No dictionaries installed" - pretty obvious. However when I put there dictionaries (.dic files) I am always getting "error at opening dictionary" message from Coolreader.
These dictionaries appear in the device list of dictionaries, I also checked and they worked seamlessly with default Pocketbook software (for example when reading pdf file). In other words problem is not about a dictionary - I pressume there is some issue with Coolreader that hopefully could be fixed.

My configuration
Pocketbook Touch HD, with firmware 5.16.479
Coolreader 3: cr3-v.0.0.6-17-61.1-pro5

PS. I tested a lot of dictionaries from different sources.
I've just had the same problem and found a solution!
Due to another issue I had formatted the internal memory of my Touch HD and after that the dictionaries were not working with Coolreader.
I tried reinstalling CR, reinstalling the firmware and copied the dictionaries again onto the device after removing the write protection - no change.
Then I saw in the device settings (language - available dictionaries) that the three extra dictionaries where not activated. I changed that, went back to CR, clicked on the bar with the dictionary name a couple of times - and it worked again!

Last edited by LucyOne; 07-24-2017 at 01:06 PM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #627
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I need help. I have a Touch HD. I downloaded 61.1 release for pro5, and unzipped it. I then copied the SYS directory, overlaying the existing SYS directory on the Touch.

Software version U631.5.16.437. Computer with download is Mint Linux 17.1.

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be any change to the reading software. I can't find Cr3 anywhere in the menus. Any ideas please?

Thanks,
RSE
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:16 AM   #628
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
You need to adapt the file extension.cfg to have coolreader in the open with menu. Consider this post too.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #629
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
You need to adapt the file extension.cfg to have coolreader in the open with menu. Consider this post too.
Thank you, I will try this.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:40 AM   #630
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Good evening.

Has anyone tried this thing (the subject of the thread) on Pocketbook Inkpad 2?

I own two e-ink devices: Inkpad 2 and Touch HD. I have grabbed a Coolreader app to Touch HD from here https://papierlos-lesen.de/neue-vers...er-pocketbook/ and it is indeed very cool. However, there is no success on my fully updated Inkpad 2 (probably a mistake; I have not updated the firmware on Touch HD and this is maybe the reason why Coolreader works on Touch HD). On Inkpad 2 I have tried also this slightly different version with no big success https://papierlos-lesen.de/coolreade...-firmware-5-x/

I'm considering giving a try to the version in this thread. I am particularly looking forward to configuring tap regions, having inverse colours, and adjusting frontlight by sliding. Does this version have pinch-to-zoom also? The version on my Touch HD does,
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote