Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #2551
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehetabelo View Post

Kindle has it's own little issues that annoy me, though not as badly as before. One big one that drives me nuts is when sorting books into collections (ie folders) if you dont have a connection to cloud (wifi), and sideload everything (as I do - I'm a bit paranoid and hate amazon knowing everything I read), you get an error about collections not syncing to cloud and a second error when you try to load them into a folder. Now, this used to be every time you did it, but they fixed it and now it happens every ~24 hours. It's still annoying, and I have found no way to bypass it.
I´ve got a Kindle Voyage and I load my books with calibre's "send to device".
The error you mention appears only when assigning the first book after I separated my voyage from the computer. For all subsequent assignments there is no error - till I connect my voyage again with my computer.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #2552
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
The "delete other formats when updating" and "Automatically Convert new/updated ebooks" options are what you want.

I don't see the errors mentioned with my Voyage, but then I don't do anything with 'connection to cloud' on it.

I've found the Kindle Voyage to be much more rugged than the Nooks I used. I had several Nooks develop screen cracks/stars and other failures while my Voyage is going strong under the same 'drop it once every couple weeks' regiment.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #2553
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile
mehetabelo began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 1-3, Kobo AuraHD, Boox Afterglow2
Interesting, I read that that was an option in the voyage, and they added it as an option in the paperwhite after the message popped up every time on the initial firmware that introduced that issue. But, I've updated the firmware twice since then (as recently as a few weeks ago) and still get it on my paperwhite. It's on like a 24-hour timer, as I said but I still get it when adding new books into different folders/collections.

I had gone through initially and made some changes in my settings to enable restrictions (I had read somewhere that disabled the message) but it didn't change anything. I wonder if 'disabling' that 'feature' is only available on higher end models. /sigh. Maybe if I can cobble enough together for the Oasis2 I'll see. I also really wanted to get my hands on it first to see if it would fit my reading style but nowhere in my current work area has the damn thing in stock.

Edit:
Also, I can't speak for the Oasis or Voyage, but I've cracked every kindle Paperwhite i've ever used regularly. Sometimes it took 6 months and only the first time it was really bad, but I've had 3 with little cracks in the screens since I started getting them. In fact, I just cracked my current one a couple nights ago. Not sure how that happened, but I have a little light spot on it now where there wasn't one before. I do however throw it in my laptop bag, brief case, travel bag all the time, and sleep with it regularly (as I fall asleep reading most nights). I expect it to happen because I'm not real delicate with it. I try and be reasonably careful, but I dont take special precautions or anything.

Last edited by mehetabelo; 11-27-2017 at 04:21 PM.
mehetabelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #2554
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
webnovels.com hat another updated and the author parsing will need to be fixed.

Also, there are still escaping issues. As an example, in Soaring of Galaxia, Chapter 236, looking in the browser you can find the sentence "This sword move was the first move from the <Three Sword Moves to Extinguish the Sky> that he had passed down to Wei Yi." in the epub it shows up as "This sword move was the first move from the that he had passed down to Wei Yi."
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:16 AM   #2555
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New test version posted

2017-12-05
- Update translations.
- Skip #post- URLs in xenforo emails even when on first page.
- Don't 'fix' file:/// to //.
- Adding pre_process_cmd for CLI.
- Apply is_adult&user/pass dialogs to CALIBREONLY update.
- Fix to adapter_storiesonlinenet author from GComyn.
- Strip commas from numChapters in CLI for urlchaptercount.

Ser4nb2LUY6e - story URL? (unless it's NSFW)
Old 12-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #2556
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Ser4nb2LUY6e - story URL? (unless it's NSFW)
https://www.webnovel.com/book/683866...ing-of-Galaxia
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #2557
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser4nb2LUY6e View Post
webnovels.com hat another updated and the author parsing will need to be fixed.

Also, there are still escaping issues. As an example, in Soaring of Galaxia, Chapter 236, looking in the browser you can find the sentence "This sword move was the first move from the <Three Sword Moves to Extinguish the Sky> that he had passed down to Wei Yi." in the epub it shows up as "This sword move was the first move from the that he had passed down to Wei Yi."
That's the site's fault, not mine. The content is marked as "rich format", but whoever uploaded the actual chapter content didn't properly escape '<' and '>' within the HTML. To give you an idea:

PHP Code:
<p>This sword move was the first move from the <Three Sword Moves to Extinguish the Skythat he had passed down to Wei YiIt incorporated the use of the natural power directly to the sword light and would bring out the offensive power of metal elementsThe destructive power was indeed, as powerful as swallowing the sky and earth and invincible!</p
As you can see there are proper HTML tags in the raw chapter content, however the less-than- and greater-than-signs are not properly escaped; actually it should look like this: "&lt;Three Sword Moves to Extinguish the Sky&gt;". There is nothing I can do to fix this, except rely on heuristics and check potentially wrong tags against a list of all known HTML5 tags, and then replace the given tag with a properly escaped string. I'm not sure when I'll have time to do this, but I bet this is one of the very few stories (possibly even one of the only chapters) on the site, that has this issue.

EDIT: There's no easy way to apply the heuristic talked above, because after parsing the HTML chapter content using our parser the "tag" looks like this:

PHP Code:
<three extinguish="" moves="" sky="" sword="" the="" to=""that he had passed down to Wei YiIt incorporated the use of the natural power directly to the sword light and would bring out the offensive power of metal elementsThe destructive power was indeed, as powerful as swallowing the sky and earth and invincible!</three
As you can see, the original order of the words and their casing is lost. I also can't find a way to find the original tokens from which this node was created. So yeah, you probably won't see this problem often: in fact if you search for "<Coagulated Sword>" you can see these and probably various other instances escaped properly.

Last edited by cryzed; 12-05-2017 at 04:58 PM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #2558
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I agree with cryzed about < > in text--there's only so much we can do with poor input.

But it does look like there's something wrong with the author/translater/editor parsing now. At least on that story.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #2559
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-12-05
- Fix author parsing for webnovel.com (#254) -- thanks cryzed!
- Update translations.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #2560
mehetabelo
e-Bibliophile
mehetabelo began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 1-3, Kobo AuraHD, Boox Afterglow2
Alright, so I downloaded the latest update for my Kobo Aura HD (Firmware V4.610075). When I checked this update it had fixed the problem mentioned earlier about positioning. It almost instantly updated the book when I added 4 chapters to a previous upload.

What it did not do was update the ToC. It left it to what the original uploaded ToC was. I'm not sure why that happened, but after switching books back and forth, it still had not updated.

I still personally like my kindle. Some of that is because of how I hold my device and the fact that I can view my kindle on landscape - NOT an option on the Kobo. I tend to read in Landscape for several reasons, though all the time.

Anyway, sorry I didn't get back sooner I forgot about it when I traveled home last week. I don't know if it's still helpful, but it is something that I've put on there for future reference for anyone that may want to know.
mehetabelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:12 AM   #2561
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehetabelo View Post
Alright, so I downloaded the latest update for my Kobo Aura HD (Firmware V4.610075). When I checked this update it had fixed the problem mentioned earlier about positioning. It almost instantly updated the book when I added 4 chapters to a previous upload.

What it did not do was update the ToC. It left it to what the original uploaded ToC was. I'm not sure why that happened, but after switching books back and forth, it still had not updated.
That's a problem with the the Kobo devices process books and how I have the KoboTouch driver sending them. The Kobo devices import books when first seen and add them to the internal database. This includes the ToC. If you replace the copy on the device with anything other than calibre, the device removes all details of the book from the database and imports it as a new book. Which means you lose the reading status and collections.

The KoboTouch driver in calibre cheats and prevents this from happening. But, it means if you update a book with a changed internal structure, or extra chapters, the ToC doesn't get updated on the device. Mostly, this is better. It means you can fix things like spelling and styles in a book you are reading without losing your place. But, books updated by FFF don't get their ToC updated on the device. You should be able to page to the next chapter even though it isn't in the ToC, and it should remember the position correctly when you close and reopen the book.

If you need to update the ToC, delete the book and then send it again. I do have to add an option to the driver to allow the default device behaviour, but I find the way it works much more useful. And I have some code to sort out the ToC, but it's not pretty, it's slow and a little risky, so I haven't released it anywhere. I'll have to revisit it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #2562
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.20.0 - 144 Dec 2017
- Update translations.
- Fix author parsing for webnovel.com (#254) from cryzed
Old 12-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #2563
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Jimm, I only recently noticed, but I think it has been the case for quite a while: I don't think the "titlepage_start" for the EPUB section works anymore. I used to override it like this:

Code:
titlepage_start:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <title>${title} by ${author}</title>
    <link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8" rel="stylesheet"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <h1 align="center">${title}</h1>
    <div>

tocpage_start:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <title>${title} by ${author}</title>
    <link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8" rel="stylesheet"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div>
    <h2>Table of Contents</h2><br/>
But in newly downloaded stories these values seem to be ignored. Any ideas what might have changed? The default output format is of course still epub.

Last edited by cryzed; 12-16-2017 at 08:42 PM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #2564
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Jimm, I only recently noticed, but I think it has been the case for quite a while: I don't think the "titlepage_start" for the EPUB section works anymore. I used to override it like this:
But in newly downloaded stories these values seem to be ignored. Any ideas what might have changed? The default output format is of course still epub.
I'm able to put those params in my personal.ini under [overrides] and see them, so they do seem to work.

You might have a section precedence issue. If you want to send me a 'safe' copy of your personal.ini, I'll see what I can figure out.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:15 AM   #2565
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
So I ended up getting that kindle Oasis and I love it. That front light is such bullshit with how much it improves reading even on the lower settings.

But I seem to have an issue. Some of the stories I've been downloading with FFF have table in them. Not a big deal all told. At least until they get to a certain size. I've found that if certain fields are too large the resulting file has a tendency to cut off the table and then just go directly to the text following it rather than doing something smart like resizing things to fit. Is this a problem with my kindle, FFF or the fact that the file was converted from EPUB to Mobi?

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-17-2017 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Remove obscenities
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction