Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #406
jiterziev
jiterziev began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Unhappy Kobo Glo HD

Hello!

I have trouble with my Kobo Glo HD. After automatic update my battery discharge very fast (in matter of half an hour) and after that the reader become a total brick. No recharge, no connection to PC and no LED light at all

I bought new battery and it works for a day, and after that the same happen again

Do you think this problem can be related with the SD card? If so, please send me instructions how to fix it.

Any ideas are highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by jiterziev; 10-22-2017 at 04:27 PM.
jiterziev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:33 PM   #407
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE, Clara HD
@jbme: PM Sent
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #408
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiterziev View Post
Hello!

I have trouble with my Kobo Glo HD. After automatic update my battery discharge very fast (in matter of half an hour) and after that the reader become a total brick. No recharge, no connection to PC and no LED light at all

I bought new battery and it works for a day, and after that the same happen again

Do you think this problem can be related with the SD card? If so, please send me instructions how to fix it.
Mots reported battery issues are problems with the firmware. There have been some that did drain the battery quickly, though I can't think of one doing it in 30 minutes. I would suggest checking the firmware version. You don't want any of the 4.0.x or 4.1.x version. Anything since should be OK, but, I would recommend the latest released, 4.6.9995. As you are having problems, I would recommend doing a factory reset.

I suppose it is possible that the SD card is failing and causing a lot of extra access. If so, replacing it and putting a new image on it would be a good idea. I have sent a PM with the link if you want to try it.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #409
Masterpiece
Masterpiece began at the beginning.

Hello friends, I come here to try a solution for my kobo glo hd, in his last update process, he got the white screen, does not start, a friend of the forum gave me an image, but it now only works in the plug on and not update for the wifi, this lasts 6 months, I am very sad because I am an assiduous reader and I have more than 20 thousand books, if someone can help me I will forever be happy grateful.
Masterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #410
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterpiece View Post
Hello friends, I come here to try a solution for my kobo glo hd, in his last update process, he got the white screen, does not start, a friend of the forum gave me an image, but it now only works in the plug on and not update for the wifi, this lasts 6 months, I am very sad because I am an assiduous reader and I have more than 20 thousand books, if someone can help me I will forever be happy grateful.
Sorry, I have no idea what you are saying is wrong. It looks like I sent you an image in August (well under 6 months ago) and you used it. If things didn't work properly after that, there are several possibilities. The simplest is that you should do a factory reset as that can solve all manner of problems. A likely reason for problems is that you didn't put the device back. And lastly, there is a problem with the device that the image can't fix.

Other than that, I'd need a clearer description of what was happening before trying to suggest a fix.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #411
arrybonlyn
arrybonlyn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Need Kobo Glo HD SD image

Hello davidfor, can you please provide me the SD card image of kobo glo hd, my device is frozen and I tried all reset techniques but no avail as the device is still stuck. Thank you.
arrybonlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #412
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the PM.

Anyone who sees this, please request the image in the appropriate thread and then wait a reasonable amount of time for a response. Multiple requests will not get the answer any faster.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:38 PM   #413
Masterpiece
Masterpiece began at the beginning.

Thank you very much Davidfor for giving me sd card image, I used it but my glo hd just stays on in the charger, does not turn off the power button, when I shot the charger it freezes, the image and the screen does not obey the commands, I did a restart factory with your image and it stays like this, I do not think I'll ever have my glo hd back, sad, thanks for everything.
Masterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:12 AM   #414
Domino147
Domino147 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo hd
Hello Davidfor,

I would very much appreciate a link to an image for the Glo Hd.

I hope this is the correct thread, apologies if not.

Much appreciated.
Domino147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:17 AM   #415
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #416
tcmfan
tcmfan began at the beginning.

It looks like my Kobo Glo HD got broken after I uploaded an ebook it started to reboot again and again: i.e. it loads, then immediately goes into reboot and that is endless loop. Can anybody send me sd card image? I want to try new SD card, the original one is possibly broken somehow.

Any help is much appreciated.
tcmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #417
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:12 AM   #418
tcmfan
tcmfan began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thank you!!! My device is alive!
tcmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #419
boyunayim
boyunayim began at the beginning.

I need an SD card image for Kobo glo hd
Davidfor, can you help ?
Thx
boyunayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:52 PM   #420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.