Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-18-2016, 04:30 AM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, my bad, I haven't read that sentence Sorry to have bothered you. As you have seen, my custom column are quite "eclectic". I'll make the change you've proposed. Thank you very much.

Edit: I've made the change and it already works. Thank you again.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 09-18-2016 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Added info
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:40 AM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, my bad, I haven't read that sentence Sorry to have bothered you. As you have seen, my custom column are quite "eclectic". I'll make the change you've proposed. Thank you very much.

Edit: I've made the change and it already works. Thank you again.
You are very welcome.

I will submit a change to calibre to print the lookup name of the column where the error happened. Having that name might save lots of future debug time.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:43 AM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You are very welcome.

I will submit a change to calibre to print the lookup name of the column where the error happened. Having that name might save lots of future debug time.
Yeeeees, it would be very useful, thank you very much
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:12 PM   #19
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
@chaley, as you see from thread searching for books modified in forum Calibre, I would like to try searching on a custom date column created by program: select(formats_modtimes('yyyy-MM-dd'), 'EPUB'). I installed [Library Closed Plugin] Save Composite Custom Columns and customized it to run. However, it doesn't actually populate metadata.db from this column. Can you explain? Is there a way to get this column populated in the database?
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:40 PM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think this plugin does what you want, unless you are willing to write code. The data stored is in JSON, one dictionary per book. It would be very difficult to write a query in SQL.

As for not populating: it works for me. I can think of two possible problems:
1) You haven't enabled the plugin for the library you are using. To enable the plugin for the current library go to Preferences / Plugins / Library Closed Plugins / Save Composite Columns / Customize Plugin.
2) You are running calibre with python 3. I haven't tested the plugin in that environment.

You can see what is happening by running calibre in debug mode. When you quit calibre you should see a message similar to
Code:
plugin Save Composite Custom Columns library C:\...\...\Library.test_small: updated 77 books in 0:00:00.082000
Old 04-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #21
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
MCS now can use table books_plugin_data.

MCS now can use table books_plugin_data.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=25.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #22
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
@chaley, so far as I can see, it appears that the problem with the column not populating was that I was not shutting calibre down in the appropriate way. I usually shut it down by using the Windows X on the GUI screen. However, I shut it down with calibre-debug -s once, and it now appears that it is updating each time I shut it down.

Whatever has changed, it appears OK now, and I will work on a search.

Thanks for your help.
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #23
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Released Version 1.1.1 (11/April/2020)
* Python 3 compatibility