Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2023, 04:48 PM   #721
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
I just tried a random different book on my phone (the others were on my iPad) and had the same “No footnote found!” message.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 04:56 PM   #722
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Update — I contacted the developers & they looked into it and said there’s a bug that will be fixed soon. They responded promptly and were very helpful.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2023, 06:37 PM   #723
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
@Insalata, Thanks for your update.

I haven't come across this footnotes bug yet, but it's always nice to know that the developer is still actively working on updates regularly.

Last edited by cedhax; 10-01-2023 at 01:02 PM.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 11:38 PM   #724
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
And then there are the icons on selected text, which looked nice 20 years ago - but hey, even in colour.

I think it is good that they have concentrated on the really important things.

Last edited by Wiggo; 09-30-2023 at 11:40 PM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 06:24 PM   #725
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Hi,

I currently have MapleRead CX loaded and have 4 books loaded into it so far, plus the free books is there.

I get a message: You can open a total of 5 books that are imported from other book sources. You have now 4 such new book(s) remaining.

Does that mean that one of the locked features of the free version is a limit of only 5 books in the program? I definitely want to have more than 5 loaded into the program so I'm assuming, if that is the case, that I will soon be purchasing the Full version.

I've seen mention of the SE and CX versions, I believe, being sold together. Out of curiosity, why would you need both when the SE version has all the available features?

Also, is there a maximum number of books you can have loaded into the SE version?

Thanks.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2023, 10:52 PM   #726
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Shykat

Everything is described in the product overview either web or App Store, even why having SE and CE.
And no, there is no maximum number of books in SE or CE. It’s limited in CX only.

Edit: I’m not a fan of MapleRead’s PDF reader, there are better apps - much better

Last edited by Wiggo; 10-01-2023 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:00 PM   #727
Mtnguy321
Mtnguy321 doesn't litterMtnguy321 doesn't litter

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Did you contact MapleRead? Keep us posted please!
Yes, but no response I could find
Mtnguy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:42 PM   #728
bellereads
bellereads began at the beginning.

I am a new Maplereads user. Just bought the SE edition after trying out CX for a few books. Looks like they fixed the main problem I had a year ago where the 2 columns were occasionally skewed to the left and partially cut off. I was wondering if anyone knows how to display the time and battery header all the time? I do see it when I center tap but would like to know if it's possible to display it all the time. I am using it on an ipad mini. Thanks!
bellereads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 07:36 PM   #729
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellereads View Post
I am a new Maplereads user. Just bought the SE edition after trying out CX for a few books. Looks like they fixed the main problem I had a year ago where the 2 columns were occasionally skewed to the left and partially cut off. I was wondering if anyone knows how to display the time and battery header all the time? I do see it when I center tap but would like to know if it's possible to display it all the time. I am using it on an ipad mini. Thanks!
While viewing a book, tap the aA button at the top, tap More and enable Status Bar Always On.
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:58 PM   #730
bellereads
bellereads began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
While viewing a book, tap the aA button at the top, tap More and enable Status Bar Always On.
Interestingly, the status bar option is not on my ipad (SE 5.0.1) but it is on my iphone (also SE 5.0.1). I wonder why? There's plenty of room for it. Thanks for your help. I thought I had explored every menu option and had somehow overlooked it.
bellereads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 02:28 AM   #731
Wiggo
Leftutti

As I don’t read on my iPhone I didn’t know that either.
Another questionable decision by MapleRead.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:29 AM   #732
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
As I don’t read on my iPhone I didn’t know that either.
Another questionable decision by MapleRead.
That's the only reason I use Marvin instead of MapleRead.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 07:34 PM   #733
ki5ck
Connoisseur
ki5ck began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Note3
Is there a way to automatically sync reading position, or do I have to do that manually each time? I switch between my iPhone and iPad depending on where I am and what I’m doing, and I’d like it to sync without thinking about it like Bookfusion does.
ki5ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:06 AM   #734
Wiggo
Leftutti

Afaik no
Old 11-29-2023, 10:56 AM   #735
Fluffline
Fluffline began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini 5
Hello. Today I've installed MapleRead SE into my iPad Mini (5th gen) and even though so far is a great substitute for Marvin, I'm having a specific problem: If I try to jump to a specific chapter using the contents menu, the app fails to redirect me to the chapter that I've choosen.

Thinking it was a specific issue with the epub I was using, I tried the same thing with other books and the issue still persists.

Now I'm wondering if it's a problem with epubs compiled by J-Novel Club, or if it's an issue caused by the latest iPadOS version (my tablet is running ver 17.1.1). Is anyone here having the same problem?

I apologize in advance if the same issue was asked before.
Fluffline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread