Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
toliman3
toliman3 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision HD4
tolino disappointments

I am somewhat disappointed with Tolino. In the first place their webreader is not available in Belgium:bummer. But moreover their ios app also does not work, and this is not mentioned on their website with nothing but commercial stuff, but it only works if you are from Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland or Austria. Moreover for complaints or help they apparently wash their hands because you are redirected to your bookshop. Not a nice company!

Last edited by toliman3; 12-29-2018 at 11:53 AM.
toliman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
I had the same experience and managed to get refunded by the shop where I*bought it (Club). They didn't argue at all as they didn't know that some features were not available in Belgium.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I like my "new" (used) Tolinos, but in the U.S. I knew that there would be no built-in bookstore or apps for me, so I went in with a different expectation. I haven't even registered them, but (if I do) apparently I can get 5 GB of Cloud storage. (I might have to try it.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
toliman3
toliman3 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision HD4
I am keeping it because the thing itself pleases me. It's just that I do not like the business ethics of the company.
toliman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:25 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toliman3 View Post
I am keeping it because the thing itself pleases me. It's just that I do not like the business ethics of the company.
I don't know if they have a lot of choice. When Kobo merged with Tolino I think they got rid of overlapping areas. So it's either Kobo or Tolino in on particular place. (I may be wrong about this, but that's the impression I get.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't know if they have a lot of choice. When Kobo merged with Tolino I think they got rid of overlapping areas. So it's either Kobo or Tolino in on particular place. (I may be wrong about this, but that's the impression I get.)
Pretty much the same impression I got from some of the press releases.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #7
Had Ouken
Had Ouken began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Quote:
I am somewhat disappointed with Tolino. In the first place their webreader is not available in Belgium:bummer. But moreover their ios app also does not work, and this is not mentioned on their website with nothing but commercial stuff, but it only works if you are from Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland or Austria. Moreover for complaints or help they apparently wash their hands because you are redirected to your bookshop. Not a nice company!
Same thing with PocketBook, they advertise stuff and actually add them to the manuals, that at the same time are being promised for future releases since over a year in forums.

I am completely shocked about the current state of the ebook market, the firmware and apps remind me of hacky flash-applications from the nineties.

The hardware is actually quite impressive, though.
Had Ouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #8
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
I'm also from Belgium and the web reader works for me? I also use it as cloud storage to add hundreds of books, which I can then download to the reader as needed.

I'm a customer via Standaard Boekhandel though. Maybe that's the difference? Maybe the bookstore where you bought it hasn't got their integration with the mytolino platform in order yet?

I log in to the web reader via: https://webreader.mytolino.com/library/index.html#/home

Last edited by Dryhte; 01-07-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:57 AM   #9
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Tolino web reader works in Flanders (via Standaard Boekhandel). But not in Walloonia (where it's "Club" the distributor).
Old 01-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #10
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Then you should mainly be disappointed with Club/Standaard but I think this won't stay an issue for long (because the Standaard version has been working quite well for me, and Standaard and Club are one company).

What you might try is, simply create an account on Standaard Boekhandel, and use that to log in to the webreader. (or if you already have an account on club, try to login to that one via the Standaard website)
Old 02-01-2019, 04:53 PM   #11
ploum
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
What you might try is, simply create an account on Standaard Boekhandel, and use that to log in to the webreader. (or if you already have an account on club, try to login to that one via the Standaard website)
Guess what? They develeped an "anti-feature". When you buy a Tolino in a Club, you need a Club account which is not compatible with the Standaard account.

At that point, I don't know how they managed to do that but it was the case.

In the end, I complained, they took back my tolino and reimbursed me.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #12
Dryhte
Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Guess what? They develeped an "anti-feature". When you buy a Tolino in a Club, you need a Club account which is not compatible with the Standaard account.

At that point, I don't know how they managed to do that but it was the case.

In the end, I complained, they took back my tolino and reimbursed me.
that's a shame.

Well, good riddance it seems... back to Kobo?

For my part, I'm still very happy with my Tolino (+ Standaard account), and find the cloud feature very useful. I've just uploaded hundreds of books and I pick and choose what I want to read when I want to read it.