Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 07-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
kinglerch
kinglerch began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Looking for an MP3 player with 1 simple function

I need an MP3 player that will save the last (approximately) playing position when power is removed, and begin playing at the last (approximately) playing position when power is applied...with no buttons pushed.

For listening to audiobooks in the car, it's a pain to pause and play and stop and power on etc each time entering/exiting the car. The auto-pause/auto-resume function should be more like in dash CD players.

Is there any MP3 player out there that works like this?
kinglerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I just went out and checked. On my phone (android) i have the app Smart Audio Book Player. When connected to my car's Bluetooth and I turn off the car the audio book pauses on my phone and when I turn back on the car it starts up again. Around Black Friday there are usually some pretty good deals on older generation smart phones.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2018, 11:00 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Actually, it seems to be more of a feature of how well your car stereo/entertainment system interacts with your mp3 player/phone as opposed to a specific player. Before I got my Honda pilot, I had a Toyota Highlander. I connected my iPhone to it and had no problems just turning off the car without pausing. When I got the pilot, it would lose it's place and start from the beginning when I did that. Annoying for sure, but it took a couple of weeks to train myself to pause before shutting down the car. Now, I do it without thinking about it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:35 AM   #4
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Actually, it seems to be more of a feature of how well your car stereo/entertainment system interacts with your mp3 player/phone as opposed to a specific player. Before I got my Honda pilot, I had a Toyota Highlander. I connected my iPhone to it and had no problems just turning off the car without pausing. When I got the pilot, it would lose it's place and start from the beginning when I did that. Annoying for sure, but it took a couple of weeks to train myself to pause before shutting down the car. Now, I do it without thinking about it.
Good to know! This is my first car with Bluetooth, so I'm still learning. I think I've only used the feature twice. I literally had to walk outside with the phone and test it to see what it did, I use it so infrequently! My other car uses an FM transmitter. I've just about got that technology mastered
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #5
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Does the car have Bluetooth? Listen Audiobook Player (and probably other similar Android apps) has the option to pause playing when its loses its connection to its Bluetooth output (e.g. your cars speakers, when you turn your car's power off).

Then all you'd need is a small, cheap Bluetooth-equipped Android tablet.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert