Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 01:07 AM   #751
mihhim
Enthusiast
mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.

Device: pocketbook 623
I think the next improving for comfort of reading with the build-in dictionary needs to be done.

When we use your dictionary, it'll be better in the most cases, that by listing the text, we can see just dictionary's cursor. Most people don't need to see the translation of the word in the middle of the page in the most cases. It's not comfortable to move the dictionary on the page you don't need it.
When I need a translation of the word, I can can click on it, if I don't need I prefer just turn on the page, but not to move the dictionary in the up position to see the text. It'll be more comfortable.

Last edited by mihhim; 03-05-2019 at 01:09 AM.
mihhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:09 AM   #752
mihhim
Enthusiast
mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.

Device: pocketbook 623
I like coolreader for pocketbook very much.
I would like that the coolreader could work with the Japanese as it can work with Chinese. I tried to edit the files chars.dic and words.dic inthe folder "chn". But adding Japanese chars and words doesn't change anything. I think the file chars.dic has a complicated structure. Could you help me know how can I add Japanese chars and words?

Last edited by mihhim; 04-13-2019 at 06:13 AM.
mihhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #753
Aymenn
Aymenn began at the beginning.

Device: Tea touch lux 4
Hello everyone i've lately broken my touch lux 4, it's no more displaying wrightly but the touch seems to be working perfectly i don't know what should i do
Aymenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #754
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymenn View Post
Hello everyone i've lately broken my touch lux 4, it's no more displaying wrightly but the touch seems to be working perfectly i don't know what should i do
Write to the Pocketbook support. They might exchange your device if it is still under warranty or at least give you a discount for a new one.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:58 AM   #755
cloet
cloet began at the beginning.

Device: pb632
Hello,

I've seen that the file is no longer developp but perhaps somebody could help me. I have the PB634 (sale as TEA touch HD plus in France). I'd like to have a try installing CR3 in it, but I don't know the version of the CR to use with this PB. In another thread I have been told that it is quite easy to install but I am really not a geek at all
Thanks for your help
cloet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #756
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Cloet - the version I successfully ran on my Pocketbook Touch HD can be found here:

https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...eader/releases

Use the pro5 zip.

My preferred way of installing was to unzip the download on to my computer. Connect the Pocketbook to the computer and then copy the following items across to the Pocketbook:

1. From the unzipped bin folder, copy the CR3 app to the bin folder already on your Pocketbook.
2. Copy the CR3 folder from the unzipped Share folder to the Share folder already existing on your Pocketbook /System.
3.Next, go to the extension.cfg file on your Pocketbook - found under System/Config. Open the extensions.cfg file and for the epub entry you should see something like:

epub:@EPUB_file:1:fb-reader.app:ICON_EPUB OR
epub:@EPUB_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_EPUB

(Some versions of the Pocketbook software called the inbuilt reader fb-reader.app but others called it eink-reader.app)

You may also see an additional app called AdobeViewer.app,

You now want to amend that Epub line by either replacing the default reader with Coolreader, or by adding Coolreader as an Epub reader option. Thus,

epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB

makes the Coolreader app the only Epub reader

Whereas,

epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,eink-reader.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_EPUB

gives the choice of all three reader apps but with Coolreader as the default.

Save and close the amended extensions.cfg file and then safely eject your reader.

You can then eject your Pocketbook and try opening a book (if you have kept a choice of Epub readers, long hold on a book and you should get a pop-up asking you which reader you want to use).
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #757
cloet

Thanks for the answer, I will have a try this w/e. If a do a bullshit ( ) , I just need to reset and it will be restore as when I bought it ?
As I said I'm not confortable with computer stuff ...
Old 04-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #758
cloet

I am nosey so I plug my ereader to see if i could do it but I have no share folder in system but : adobe, bin, cache, config, cover_chache, dictionaries, etc, explorer_3, fonts, language, logo, player_2, reader, state, theme, tbs, usage stats ...
and in config folder, there are folders : audiobooks, dropbox, pn, tea autorization, and then files : tea_lcp, books.db, browser.cfg, fbreader.cfg, global.cfg, pbcloud.cfg, pbcloud.cfg, send_to pb.cfg, settings-prf.ini
Could you help me ?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #759
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cloet - Ok, so there are some differences from the standard Pocketbook software. That said, you could try the following:

1. Create a folder in System called Share for the CR3 folder

2. In your unzipped Coolreader download, you will see an extensions.cfg file in its config folder. Copy that to the config folder on your reader.

Eject and see if you can get to open a book with Coolreader.

If not, can you open the fbreader.cfg file on your reader and post what it has in it?

You should not need to bother resetting your reader if it does not work, just remove the Coolreader files you have copied over. It makes no other changes to your reader.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:52 AM   #760
cloet

I've tried as you explained me, I can see open with Coolreader once I made a long press but it doesn't open the book, and if I press on the book it doesn't open it normally anymore ...
Old 04-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #761
cloet

I had to reset, even once I suppresed all I did, i could not open a book...
Old 04-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #762
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Did you copy the extension.cfg from the zip-file and overwrite the file that was on your device?

If so, that explains why you can't open books.

Edit the file and make sure you don't have only cr3-pb as alternative. Also put eink-reader.app first.

Like this:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:eink-reader.app,AdobeViewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB

(+ for the other formats)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #763
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloet View Post
I had to reset, even once I suppresed all I did, i could not open a book...
Oh, what a nuisance.

Sadly, there are various possible reasons:

1. A problem with the Coolreader installation.
2. An issue with Coolreader on the Tea software.
3. The book has drm - Coolreader can’t open drm’d books.
4. If you were you trying to open the same book the reader remembers which reader app you selected and will seek to open with that app even if it keeps failing Open the Task Manager app, then close the book in the task manager. It should then allow you to reselect the reading app you want to use for that book.
5. If no book would open, even if you selected to open with the default reader, it could mean the default reader has a different name to the one in the extensions.cfg file - remember that some software versions used the name e-ink reader and others fb-reader - so you could try changing the name.

I can understand if you think it’s too much hassle.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #764
cloet

I will try again tomorrow (too much emotion for me, I thought my TEA was dead )
But I'm sure there was no DRM on the book I tried to open, it was not a book I already open...
But I think I did something wrong in the step cfg, I don't really understand what Patrick explained , I just copied and paste the file from my desktop to the tea file config and in the file config I just have : folders : audiobooks, dropbox, pn, tea autorization, and then files : tea_lcp, books.db, browser.cfg, fbreader.cfg, global.cfg, pbcloud.cfg, pbcloud.cfg, send_to pb.cfg, settings-prf.ini so I put it just here after the other files .... I have nothing with eink reader ....
Regarding fbreader.cfg I can't open it from my computer because I don't know with what open it ... (I told you that I'm totaly noob...and useless )
Old 04-27-2019, 12:22 PM   #765
church mouse
Evangelist

@cloet. If you are using a Windows computer, you should open a .cfg file with Notepad, or better still the free Notepad++. On a Mac you can use TextEdit or something like the free app Atom.

If you do try again, after you have copied the files to your reader and ejected the reader, go to your library view and long hold on a book to see if you get a choice of reading apps. If you do, select the fb-reader just to make sure the in-built reader works ok. Then, with a different book, long hold and select Coolreader. If the Coolreader fails, the book has drm or there is something wrong with the installation of the Coolreader app on the Tea.

If a long hold on a book does not give you a choice of readers, then you need to open the extensions.cfg file to make sure it has does not just have cr3 as the only option for EPub.