Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-29-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
shadydaft
shadydaft began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle fire hd 7
Help unrooting kindle fire

I have a kindle fire that used to belong to my brother and he had it rooted. I did a factory reset and upon registering the kindle it throws me into a language selection loop. I can still manage to get into apps, settings, etc.. if I click fast enough before the language selection pops up again. I'm assuming this is happening because it is rooted and I deleted files that were needed with the factory reset. I believe it's a 3rd gen kindle but I don't know how to be sure. Current version is 13.3.2.3.2_user_323001720 Build date Sunday, June 1, 2014. I prefer it to be unrooted for a fresh start but if it's easier to get past that error loop I'll take it. Can anyone help me with this please?
shadydaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:53 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You may have better luck on the XDA Developers forum.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:26 AM   #3
shadydaft
shadydaft began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle fire hd 7
Third forum I've been redirected to. I'll give it a try. Thank you!
shadydaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:21 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I would just buy a new one. They are cheap and much better than 3rd gen (unless it happens to be HDX).
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote