Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #76
TheMooch
Member Retired
TheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 Sony eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I don't think that'll be out until the end of the month.

... are fingers negatively charged?
The answer there would be yes......and ATM cards act as multipliers.....
TheMooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #77
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And this thread hints that dictionary look-up is a possibility.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30027
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #78
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
An answer of "No" by Sony would very likely have me waiting to see what Amazon comes out with as their next generation (and more likely to convert) since the discount offer would clearly have been put in place to clear the decks of 505s in prep for the 700.
They say they're not phasing out the 505, Mooch. I'd say that choosing a different series number is a point in support of that.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #79
Lord KiRon
Connoisseur
Lord KiRon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Someone had already a hands-on experience with the touchscreen:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30027
As I said - changing the pages will be a problem for most of the people.
Lord KiRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #80
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
NatCh, any word on different case colors?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #81
Lord KiRon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
The answer there would be yes......and ATM cards act as multipliers.....
So all you need is your stylus to be conductive
Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #82
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
NatCh, any word on different case colors?
Not that I've heard,
Old 10-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #83
TheMooch
Member Retired

Quote:
They say they're not phasing out the 505, Mooch. I'd say that choosing a different series number is a point in support of that.
Which only makes sense. I more than likely have it reversed in that they want to clear the decks of the 500s. Either way, not offering the trade in/up for 500 owners is only going to alienate those that waited to see what they were going to offer up today. I think they'd be smart to offer it. It keeps existing customers loyal and appeased. I highly doubt that they'd lose much in the way of margin by offering the upgrade since the number of 500s in the world is dwindling (thanks to the 500 to 505 offer).
Old 10-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #84
NatCh
Gizmologist

I think the trade in for 505's is still ongoing ... it's still on their Reader page at the moment, anyway ....

Edit -- Oops, it's not on the Reader page that was something else I saw, but I do believe the offer is still ongoing ....

Last edited by NatCh; 10-02-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: adding an oops.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #85
Lord KiRon
Connoisseur

I am getting another 505 actually , as soon as prices goes down , got my 500 for $90 at tiger back then
Old 10-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #86
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord KiRon View Post
I believe they actually tried to mimic iPhone style navigation.
The problem is that Aple have proprietary "multitouch" system , the only touch screen I saw that works good with a finger swiping , all other either work good only on press or require stylus.
Actually that is not true. I know my HTC Touch phones has quite a few features that works quite well without using a stylus and with moving your finger. In particular, Opera Mobile works quite well without a stylus. As thus the Touchpal keypad screen I normally use.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #87
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Someone said earlier that most people are bound to be disappointed because "you can't please everyone". This is absolutely true. The only thing that would have made me personally run out and buy the 700 would be a WiFi connection. I feel like the kid that didn't get the number one thing on my Christmas list!
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #88
NatCh
Gizmologist

I use my finger on my Trēo 680 regularly, it works pretty well there.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #89
TheMooch
Member Retired

Quote:
I think the trade in for 505's is still ongoing ... it's still on their Reader page at the moment, anyway ....

Edit -- Oops, it's not on the Reader page that was something else I saw, but I do believe the offer is still ongoing ....
Last I saw the offer was good until the end of the year. That's why I had waited. There was time to see what they released and still use the offer if I didn't like what came out. I'm still inclined to go for the 700, but would like the trade-in to apply to it.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #90
Lord KiRon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Actually that is not true. I know my HTC Touch phones has quite a few features that works quite well without using a stylus and with moving your finger. In particular, Opera Mobile works quite well without a stylus. As thus the Touchpal keypad screen I normally use.

--
Bill
I have HTC TytN II (Kaiser) and navigation there without stylus is pain in the ...

Tags
front light, frontlight, prs700, sony reader, touch screen, touchscreen