Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 03:11 AM   #571
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel7 View Post
What is the product name of the keyboard?
We have a thread for that, "Any recommendation for BT keyboard and stand for Max2?" (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293791)
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:19 AM   #572
davodjafari
davodjafari began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox max carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Excellent,
would you please publish your set-up? Meaning: what software and parameters/configuration you used for the server, and on which Desktop Operating System; which client (bVNC?) you used and did you fine-tune its configuration; which networking method do you use (cable+root+usbnetwork.apk ?)
thanks.
I think you all seeking for a a way that makes the max a monitor only and control it from laptop or PC. but im used another app to signing in to my laptop and control it by max-carta it self by its stylus pen all things was worked. but an issue is that when you sign with max the pc signs out and you cant use laptop keyboard or touchpad. but using a BT keybord dont think any issue remains and im actually wondered by the responsivity. except whaching movies and fast oving apps i can do every thing with this system.
Writing articles
working in Net

its great.
davodjafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 05:49 AM   #573
davodjafari

a question i have

updating to a new firmware in a rooted max has any problem or not? or first i should unroot the device?
Old 08-08-2018, 07:54 AM   #574
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davodjafari View Post
I think you all seeking for a a way that makes the max a monitor only and control it from laptop or PC
Not necessarily. But there is an implicit aim towards simplicity, when other constraints are not specified; so if you connected the tablet to - for example - a laptop, well, a keyboard is already there and there should be no need to add other hardware.
And, by the way, it is more efficient to use the tablet as a control device, not just «monitor only»: VNC and the modifications here made for the Onyx monitor software allow that.

Quote:
but im used another app to signing in to my laptop and control it by max-carta it self by its stylus pen all things was worked. but an issue is that when you sign with max the pc signs out and you cant use laptop keyboard or touchpad
Good,
so - as per my previous post - would you like to share how you did it?

Quote:
im actually wondered by the responsivity. except whaching movies and fast oving apps i can do every thing with this system.
Writing articles
working in Net // its great.
Excellent. It is not easy to achieve that usability on the MaxCarta (slow and "big").
Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #575
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
a question i have

updating to a new firmware in a rooted max has any problem or not? or first i should unroot the device?
I updated mine with root, no problems and root wasn't deleted.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #576
davodjafari

Quote:
Not necessarily. But there is an implicit aim towards simplicity, when other constraints are not specified; so if you connected the tablet to - for example - a laptop, well, a keyboard is already there and there should be no need to add other hardware.
And, by the way, it is more efficient to use the tablet as a control device, not just «monitor only»: VNC and the modifications here made for the Onyx monitor software allow that.

Good,
so - as per my previous post - would you like to share how you did it?

Excellent. It is not easy to achieve that usability on the MaxCarta (slow and "big").

Yes but im using for 10 days if you be patient in some cases it is completely usefull.

of course. i was decided to share a video from my carta in when it was connected to pc, but there is no option for sending videos in this site.
in fact using win 10 i enabled remote desktop in windows and installed remote desktop app for android. it was taked a min for setting up the app and connecting to desktop only by pc name and ip adress.
if you know the way that i could share video i can share its working performance.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #577
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
in fact using win 10 i enabled remote desktop in windows and installed remote desktop app for android
Ok, so you are using RDP.
I had tried it and reported here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&highlight=rdp
Old 08-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #578
2new
2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.2new can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
My take

I was going to buy an onyx note to use as a desktop display, however, I remembered I had an old tablet called Notion Ink Adam. I ripped out the pixel qi screen, plugged it into a video controller board, disconnected backlight power, plugged 12v to USB and hdmi to laptop hdmi, and now I have a small monitor that doesn't hurt my eyes. You can buy the LCD on eBay for about 110 and video controller plus USB to 12v for about 35.

This is all plug and play and the route I chose instead of streaming to an eink tablet. I like the fact it's also batteryless, I could buy a battery pack and mini computer for mobility.

A similar setup should work for clearink displays if they come to fruition.

Just my thoughts.
2new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #579
davodjafari

i have a problem with max stylus pen.
when i work with pen and when i bring the pen near the screen to touch it, a mild noise of sound could be heard, i dont know exactly if the noise come frome the screen or the stylus pen. have anyone this problem?
Old 08-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #580
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2new View Post
pixel qi screen, plugged it into a video controller board, disconnected backlight power, plugged 12v to USB and hdmi to laptop hdmi, and now I have a small monitor that doesn't hurt my eyes. You can buy the LCD on eBay for about 110 and video controller plus USB to 12v for about 35
How would you judge the quality (experience using the screen)?
A video would be very appreciated.
And, maybe, more details about the components.

What happened to Pixel Qi and Mary Lou Jepsen (scribbling but about to check)?
EDIT: there is an article from Nate around the time Pixel Qi closed
https://the-digital-reader.com/2015/...pining-fjords/
and, incredibly, Michael Kozlowsky published an article about the enterprise (and alternatives, competitors, and current state) only 5 days ago
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...der-revolution

Last edited by mdp; 08-10-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #581
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
I have Boox Note without rooting and want to use it as an e-ink monitor. Now I can use bVNC or AnyDesk (similar to TeamViewer but lighter) via wifi to mirror the PC screen to Boox Note but it is laggy. So i want to use the connection via USB. But information on connection via usb to get the network (no rooting.) is not clear for me. Could you please explain in more details how to do it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by aruangra; 08-10-2018 at 07:38 PM.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #582
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
But information on connection via usb to get the network (no rooting.) is not clear for me.
(Back to the desktop edits: )
-- Have ADB working: you need to be able to send commands to the tablet from a computer (when a command like `adb shell` works, you are set);
-- Connect PC and tablet via USB;
-- Identify the network port of the remote desktop service (e.g. for VNC, it could be TCP 5090 or immediately following ports; the server must provide the information);
-- Issue the ADB command found a few posts above, using the correct port and protocol - something like `adb reverse tcp:5900 tcp:5900` ; such command means "instruct the tablet that when its software attempts connection to local port 5900, in fact the connection will be set on the same port but to the machine at the other side of the cable";
-- Connect the client to localhost:the-correct-port-number-also-used-in-the-adb-command, probably
'localhost:5900' ; "localhost" would be the tablet itself, but given the ADB command issued above "localhost:5900" will redirect to "the USB cable, port 5900, ADB takes care of the rest".

Last edited by mdp; 08-11-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:28 AM   #583
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Quote:
(Back to the desktop edits: )
-- Have ADB working: you need to be able to send commands to the tablet from a computer (when a command like `adb shell` works, you are set);
-- Connect PC and tablet via USB;
-- Identify the network port of the remote desktop service (e.g. for VNC, it could be TCP 5090 or immediately following ports; the server must provide the information);
-- Issue the ADB command found a few posts above, using the correct port and protocol - something like `adb reverse tcp:5900 tcp:5900` ; such command means "instruct the tablet that when its software attempts connection to local port 5900, in fact the connection will be set on the same port but to the machine at the other side of the cable";
-- Connect the client to localhost:the-correct-port-number-also-used-in-the-adb-command, probably
'localhost:5900' ; "localhost" would be the tablet itself, but given the ADB command issued above "localhost:5900" will redirect to "the USB cable, port 5900, ADB takes care of the rest".
Thank you. I could run "adb reverse tcp:8080 tcp:80" to access the webserver on my PC by typing "http://localhost:8080" on the Boox Note browser. But when running "adb reverse tcp:5900 tcp:5900", I got the following error from bVNC or RealVNC:

Sorry, loopback connections are not enabled.

UPDATED: After enabling the loopback connection in TightVNC Server on my PC, it works!!! Thanks.

Last edited by aruangra; 08-14-2018 at 03:30 AM.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:39 AM   #584
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
Thank you. I could run "adb reverse tcp:8080 tcp:80" to access the webserver on my PC by typing "http://localhost:8080" on the Boox Note browser. But when running "adb reverse tcp:5900 tcp:5900", I got the following error from bVNC or RealVNC:

Sorry, loopback connections are not enabled.

UPDATED: After enabling the loopback connection in TightVNC Server on my PC, it works!!! Thanks.
Now it works for me as well! :-)

Just a question: how can I force bVNC to show my desktop screen in full screen mode on my Onyx Note? bVNC shows my desktop screen smaller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_08_14_13.40.37.png
Views:	306
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	165584  

Last edited by cicabum; 08-14-2018 at 08:23 AM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #585
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
how can I force bVNC to show my desktop screen in full screen mode on my Onyx Note? bVNC shows my desktop screen smaller
The menu button is supposed to show a menu with options including the scaling ones. If you do not have a menu button
-- there should be alternative ways to summon the menu, like long-tap or ghosted overlaid icons
-- inform Onyx that a device with one button and a half is impractical instead of efficacious, toyish instead of professional, a joke instead of a serious proposal.