Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Unable to Download Metadata

I just upgraded to 2.23 and now I get an error when I try to download the metadata. I tried with four different books that I purchased from Amazon. This is the error:
Quote:
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I figured it out. For some reason Norton did not restart when I rebooted by Computer. I started Norton and edit metadata works.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
perkata
perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
I'm having a similar problem. Long time user on OSX, I recently upgraded to 2.23. This morning I can't download metadata, whether for new entries or for older titles for which I already have metadata.

I do not understand the error message [of course :-)]

Error message:

calibre, version 2.23.0
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata. Click Show Details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/metadata/single_download.py", line 441, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 216, in fork_job
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 122, in create_worker
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/server.py", line 141, in create_listener
File "lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/connection.py", line 132, in __init__
File "lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/connection.py", line 256, in __init__
File "lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
perkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
perkata
perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
Nevermind! I restarted Calibre and it's now working fine. As usual.
perkata is offline   Reply With Quote