Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
poorconsumer
poorconsumer began at the beginning.

Device: none
What reading app do you use?

Which have you used? Why did you settle with the one you currently are using?

I'm looking for a reader app to use myself. I'm trying out moon+ right now. Also, for those of you that use moon+ reader, what settings do you use? I'm looking for the best config for e-ink.
poorconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:14 AM   #2
venga
venga began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note
I use a lot of apps for reading, but this one is better http://readera-free-ebook-reader.upt...en/us/android/
venga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
moon+
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I tried a few Moon+, Bookari, etc but ultimately I just use Google Play Books now.

My reason is it's the only one to reliably sync between my PC, Tablet and Phone.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Librera Reader
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #6
thatguyatdennys
thatguyatdennys began at the beginning.

Device: AuraHD, Likebook Mars
I use Librera Pro. Probably my favorite app. Bookari/Mantano used to be a favorite, but it's bloated and confusing now. eReader Prestigio is a nice mix between Librera and Mantano, but I find myself using Librera a lot more..It just feels better on eInk.

Of course, I also use the full Kindle app for all my old books from Amazon.
thatguyatdennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Any of these sync with iOS version of same app? I’d like to be able to have place and highlights sync between android ereader and iPhone
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
thatguyatdennys
thatguyatdennys began at the beginning.

Device: AuraHD, Likebook Mars
Bookari and Prestigio have accounts you log-in to and can sync across devices. Not sure if they work from Android to iOS or vice versa, though.

Also...I have permanently switched back to Prestigio. It's a LOT faster than Librera on the Mars, and I am able to load much larger files without worrying about crashing.

Last edited by thatguyatdennys; 01-03-2019 at 12:51 PM.
thatguyatdennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #9
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Tried a lot of apps, and always go back to CoolReader. Two primary reasons:

- I like to see page numbers, rather than where I am in a particular chapter, or simply a percentage read number. The page numbers are virtual, and can change depending on font size, etc., but that's perfectly fine with me.

- I switch between daytime and nighttime reading often, and CoolReader remembers my brightness settings in each of those modes when I switch between them. Some readers don't.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I tried a few Moon+, Bookari, etc but ultimately I just use Google Play Books now.

My reason is it's the only one to reliably sync between my PC, Tablet and Phone.
So that Google can illegally acquire even more private user data.

I didn't think much of Moon+ or a few others.
I removed Kindle App as it seems to excessively connect even when not used and gives errors (even when not opened) when Mobile Data is completely disabled.
I been using Aldiko, but it need the paid version to be able to annotate. Maybe some other paid ereader is better on Android. I don't know. Mostly I use eInk, Kobo H2O original in house and Sony PRS350 when out as the Kobo is very expensive (twice cost of a decent Smart Phone that's not a premium brand).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:47 PM   #11
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I use the Kindle app and Moon+ on my phone. The Kindle app is used when I'm reading something on my Kindle and and the phone and i'm syncing a lot. If I'm only syncing sometimes I'll use Moon+, which I much prefer, although recently the Kindle app has improved a lot.

I think this is almost a religious topic. There's no such thing as a best reading app. Try a few and see what you like. That's what I did.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:18 PM   #12
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I've been using ReadEra lately. I've tried just about all of them, and this one seems to be the best one for me.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #13
be4morgan
Enthusiast
be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I've been using Kindle, I haven't experienced any problems at all and it is up to date.
be4morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:09 AM   #14
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post

^This. I like Moon+ as the nicest and most robust android app, but practically speaking it's useless to me as I cannot sync it between my PC, android, and e-ink devices.

In addition to that, Google Play is the one place I can upload other non-DRM'd epub books and get the full functionality of their platform. It's the least hassle and way less hassle than trying to maintain a cloud library of my own to sync across multiple devices.

Anymore all I use Calibre for is to DeDRM, clean up and convert books when needed after original purchase. I convert to epub, upload the ones I'm currently reading to Google Play, and done.