Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 11:30 AM   #361
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
UK deal of the day

Admiral Hornblower: Flying Colours, The Commodore, Lord Hornblower, Hornblower in the West Indies
by C. S. Forester

Four novel Omnibus 99P

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002TJLFEK/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #362
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
While looking for something else, I uncovered a slew of $0.00 (that's _free_, for those, like me, who are mathematically-challenged) Kindle ebooks. How many are there? Well, I gave up looking after three pages.

Most of these are in the sci-fi, romance, and mystery/thriller subgenres.

A lot of the books have Whispersync companions. All of the ones that I checked are $7.49. I don't consider $7.49 a particularly good deal for a WS deal, but some of the ebooks have quite a lot of pages, enhancing the value of the WS deals, in my view.

All of the ebooks that I saw were rated 4 stars or more.

https://www.amazon.com/Transmission-Invasion-Chronicles-Book-One-Thriller-ebook/dp/B07D4PMZ42/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538055077&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords="chronicl e+books"&dpPl=1&dpID=41arr0ZP%2BXL&ref=plSrch

GtrsRGr8 is not really posting this. I hacked into his account and am _pretending_ to be him. GtrsRGr8 wouldn't be caught dead posting fiction books.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-27-2018 at 10:24 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:17 AM   #363
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
While looking for something else, I uncovered a slew of $0.00 (that's _free_, for those, like me, who are mathematically-challenged) Kindle ebooks.

How many are there? Well, I gave up looking after three pages.
This links to only one book, which is just as well under the circumstances. It looks like a self-published book to me, so I'll remind members that self-published books can only be listed if the poster has read it and can recommend it, which obviously isn't the case here. (And has no personal association with it.)
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #364
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This links to only one book, which is just as well under the circumstances. It looks like a self-published book to me, so I'll remind members that self-published books can only be listed if the poster has read it and can recommend it, which obviously isn't the case here. (And has no personal association with it.)
I've removed the post.

It looks like most of the ebooks have names of "publshers." However, looking over some of them, it appears that they all are self-pub outfits, because I didn't recognize any of their names.

_Mea culpa_.

And to those who read my posts, I apologize, again, for the poor formatting, and mistakes in the URLs. I am still having to use the smartphone, instead of my real computer, for the time being.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:47 AM   #365
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway is 99p as a UK Kindle Daily Deal today.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FU7V8IG/

The last novel Ernest Hemingway saw published, The Old Man and the Sea has proved itself to be one of the enduring works of American fiction. It is the story of an old Cuban fisherman and his supreme ordeal: a relentless, agonizing battle with a giant marlin far out in the Gulf Stream. Using the simple, powerful language of a fable, Hemingway takes the timeless themes of courage in the face of defeat and personal triumph won from loss and transforms them into a magnificent twentieth-century classic.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:36 AM   #366
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Philippa Gregory's Wars of the Roses 2-Book Boxed Set: The Red Queen and The White Queen by Philippa Gregory -- $0.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GG0M42/
*Bangs head on wall* Not available for purchase, which means they're changing the price back and I just missed it!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:55 PM   #367
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
*Bangs head on wall* Not available for purchase, which means they're changing the price back and I just missed it!
No, it means it's not for sale in your country. Where do you live?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:15 AM   #368
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think they have also changed the price back though, it shows as $25.99 now.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:17 AM   #369
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I think they have also changed the price back though, it shows as $25.99 now.
Of course, it was only a time-limited offer. I was simply pointing out that the "not available for purchase" message has nothing to do with price changing, but is due to geographical restrictions.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:17 AM   #370
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
The Boleyn Inheritance, the third book in the Tudor Court series by Philippa Gregory is on sale for 99p at Amazon UK.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005Z4QSVQ
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:45 AM   #371
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Yes that is generally the case.

But I have recently experienced that I sometimes can't buy a series of books.
"This series is currently not available for purchase."

I can however buy the individual books.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #372
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Free

England, Their England: humour classic
(1933) by A. G. Macdonell

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FPSYG87/

https://www.amazon.com.uk/dp/B07FPSYG87/

Perhaps not US (copyright)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FPSYG87/

A real find, highly recommended.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #373
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Yes, free in the US but a typo above.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FPSYG87/?tag=mr060-20
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #374
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
UK. I sometimes go back to these and find them at regular price.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #375
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
UK. I sometimes go back to these and find them at regular price.
In this particular case (the Phillipa Gregory novels) it's the common situation of different US and UK publishers: Touchstone in the US and Simon and Schuster in the UK. Hence the US edition is unavailable to us here in the UK, and similarly the UK version will be unavailable to people in the US.