Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Tolino Page & Tolino Page same size?

Since the Chinese dealer on Amazon (or the U.S. Postal Service or Customs) hasn't been able to get my Tolino Page case to me (in about 7 weeks) I'm looking at buying one from a German dealer on eBay. The same dealer advertises what appears to be the identical case for the Tolino Page and Tolino Shine (original Shine). The Tolino Page one is selling for $2 more. Is there any reason at all that there would be a difference in these two cases? (I'm guessing that, since the Page is a current product, they figure they can get a higher price for its case.)

EDIT: It's not just the $2.00, there's also a lot more variety for the Shine. The case I want is available for the Shine but not the Page.

Last edited by rcentros; 08-17-2018 at 05:34 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Since the Chinese dealer on Amazon (or the U.S. Postal Service or Customs) hasn't been able to get my Tolino Page case to me (in about 7 weeks) I'm looking at buying one from a German dealer on eBay. The same dealer advertises what appears to be the identical case for the Tolino Page and Tolino Shine (original Shine). The Tolino Page one is selling for $2 more. Is there any reason at all that there would be a difference in these two cases? (I'm guessing that, since the Page is a current product, they figure they can get a higher price for its case.)

EDIT: It's not just the $2.00, there's also a lot more variety for the Shine. The case I want is available for the Shine but not the Page.
Not sure why there would be a different price when Tolino's site says both devices are identically sized at 175 x 116 x 9.7 mm. Looking at the switches/buttons, as far as I can tell, the home button is in the identical location. The Shine does seem to have two switches on the top compared to one for the Page so the Shine case might have an extra opening on the top edge.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not sure why there would be a different price when Tolino's site says both devices are identically sized at 175 x 116 x 9.7 mm. Looking at the switches/buttons, as far as I can tell, the home button is in the identical location. The Shine does seem to have two switches on the top compared to one for the Page so the Shine case might have an extra opening on the top edge.
I think the only difference between the Shine and the Page is that the Shine has a light switch on the right side (and a microSD card slot under the flap). Oh, I think the original Shine used a Pearl eInk screen rather than a Carta.

I was just being extra-cautious by asking the question. I'm almost certain they're the same. The German company that sells these cases must have a 100 models, you would think they would just advertise all of them for both the Page and the (original) Shine. But they only have a few up for the Page (and they charge a bit more for them).

Here's the one I'm probably going to get. I like plain (no design) cases. They have some canvas ones that look pretty good, but I'm afraid they would not be as easy to clean. (This looks pretty much the same as the one I still haven't gotten from China via Amazon.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slim-PU-Lea...MAAOSwq9ZbdXgf
Old 08-19-2018, 04:02 AM   #4
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Both Tolino Shine and Tolino Page have the same body. The only difference is no light switch in Tolino Page top edge (there is no integrated light in this model). This is the best case you can buy (in my opinion): https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tolino-Schut...item41da94ded4
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Both Tolino Shine and Tolino Page have the same body. The only difference is no light switch in Tolino Page top edge (there is no integrated light in this model). This is the best case you can buy (in my opinion): https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tolino-Schut...item41da94ded4
Thanks for the confirmation on the size. The case in your link looks good and solid but I like the more "traditional" "open-like books" covers.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:25 AM   #6
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
I love such kind because I have to use something as a stand for reading while eating. And this mentioned one fits perfect and have a stand function
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:07 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
I love such kind because I have to use something as a stand for reading while eating. And this mentioned one fits perfect and have a stand function
I understand. I'm usually reading late into the night, or when I'm waiting somewhere — but I know your style of case is very popular. It has a unique design and (as mentioned before) looks very sturdy.