Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-24-2016, 05:03 AM   #1216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
I just launched Calibre with Kobo attached. I choose to backup the db every time I attach the Kobo in settings.
Did you set the backup directory? Did the directory exist? Were the permissions appropriate for the backup? What options did you choose for the backup?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:48 AM   #1217
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question Series is numbered order?

I am using Kobo Utilities and can't seem to work out how to get my Kobo Aura HD (in my collections) to have the series in numbered order.
In Calibre, I have a column called series which is in order and a column called shelves which is all working fine. Can someone please help me here. I am not very good at this so please explain in layman terms. Thanks!

PS: I could'nt find a new thread button only reply to thread, thats why it is here
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:05 AM   #1218
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I am using Kobo Utilities and can't seem to work out how to get my Kobo Aura HD (in my collections) to have the series in numbered order.
In Calibre, I have a column called series which is in order and a column called shelves which is all working fine. Can someone please help me here. I am not very good at this so please explain in layman terms. Thanks!

PS: I could'nt find a new thread button only reply to thread, thats why it is here
Sorry, you cannot do this with any recent firmware. The Kobo firmware does not support sorting by the series information. There is a cheat the plugin can use to sort the collections based using the "Date added" sort. The date in the database is changed to match the series order. But, the "Date added" sort has not worked correctly for at least two years, and in the 4.x firmware, this sort option has been removed completely.

The only way to achieve series sorting is the same way the other devices use: a metadata plugboard that changes the title or author. Some instructions for doing this are in https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo...de_Series_Info. There are other suggestions for the metadata plugboard in a thread in the Library Management subforum.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #1219
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Thank you Davidfor. I will attempt to do this
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:07 PM   #1220
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Translations

Because of a post in another thread, I realised I have not generated the language files for a long time. Sorry, a very long time. There are a few extra strings. If anyone wants to translate these, I will add these to the next release. And promise to update the files more often.

For anyone who wants to do a translation, the attached file contains the default English file and the Spanish translation.

If you have not done this before, POEdit is an easy to use free tool for translating. You open the file "default.po" with POEdit, set the language and enter the translated text for each source string. POEdit shows what has and hasn't been translated. When you have done the translations, save the file and post or send it to me.

Notes:
  • I think a partial translation is better than none. If you translate the dialogs you use, or consider hard to understand, that is better than nothing. Maybe someone else will do the others.
  • Some messages will seem to be in the file twice. It might be deliberate, but it is probably a mistake. For example, I just discovered that in some places I had "Select All" and in others "Select all". Tell and I will fix things.
  • The same goes for spelling or grammar errors. Or if a message just doesn't make sense.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-2.4.1-translations.zip (27.8 KB, 556 views)
Old 12-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #1221
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Here you have the Spanish translation. I've found two mistakes (I think):
  • Order Series Shelves / Order Series Shelves (added white space in the second phrase)
  • &Dismiss tiles from home screen / &Dismiss tiles from home screen: added space but the second one has the tip for display extra tiles below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-2.4.1-es.zip (38.0 KB, 598 views)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:10 AM   #1222
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Here you have the Spanish translation. I've found two mistakes (I think):
  • Order Series Shelves / Order Series Shelves (added white space in the second phrase)
  • &Dismiss tiles from home screen / &Dismiss tiles from home screen: added space but the second one has the tip for display extra tiles below.
Thanks, I found them. I'll fix them before I release.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:26 AM   #1223
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.5.0

I have just uploaded version 2.5.0 of the plugin. This doesn't have anything big in it, mainly catching up on problems and suggestions from late last year.

The changes are:
  • Fix: Error if cleaning cover for book on device but not in database.
  • Change: Button can be set to opening driver configuration or swapping drivers when no device connected.
  • Fix: Exception during backup as WinError is not on non-Windows machines.
  • Update: Latest Spanish translations from Terisa

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. And if anyone sees any problems, please report them here.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #1224
ebookskippy
ebookskippy began at the beginning.

Device: KoboTouch & Aura N514
Kobo Utility - Refresh books on the device

Hi David,
I need your advice:
This is my first attempt with the function "refresh the list of books on the device".
What I did

1. There are 5 books in Calibre's (test)library
2. Send this 5 books to my device
3. Display Main memory and Calibre's library
3.1 The 5 books are visible in Calibre's column "On Device"
3.2 The 5 books are visible by action icon "Show books in the main memory of the device"

4. Action: "Refresh the list of books on the device"

5. The 5 Books are not longer visible in column "on Device"
6. The 5 Books are not longer visible by action icon "Show books in the main memory of the device"
7. Eject the device
8. The 5 Books are on the device
9. Connect the device
10. = # 5
11. = # 3.2

What have I done wrong?
Thanks -P-

PS.: it's independent from version 2.50
Attached Files
File Type: txt Debug - Refresh the books on device.txt (103.3 KB, 613 views)
ebookskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #1225
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookskippy View Post
Hi David,
I need your advice:
This is my first attempt with the function "refresh the list of books on the device".
What I did

1. There are 5 books in Calibre's (test)library
2. Send this 5 books to my device
3. Display Main memory and Calibre's library
3.1 The 5 books are visible in Calibre's column "On Device"
3.2 The 5 books are visible by action icon "Show books in the main memory of the device"

4. Action: "Refresh the list of books on the device"

5. The 5 Books are not longer visible in column "on Device"
6. The 5 Books are not longer visible by action icon "Show books in the main memory of the device"
7. Eject the device
8. The 5 Books are on the device
9. Connect the device
10. = # 5
11. = # 3.2

What have I done wrong?
Thanks -P-

PS.: it's independent from version 2.50
This is working as designed. The KoboTouch driver reads the database on the device for details of the books. Ech time you connect the device, calibre will look in the database for details of books and show the list. If there are books on the device that are not in the database, they will not be shown.

When you send a book to the device using calibre, the books are put onto the device, the device list is updated to include the books, but the database is not updated. If you close and reopen calibre or refresh the book list, the database is read again and the books not in the database will be ignored.

As I said, this is working as designed. When you disconnect the device, it will process the new books into the database. And the net time you connect the device, the books will be seen again.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:33 AM   #1226
ebookskippy
ebookskippy began at the beginning.

Device: KoboTouch & Aura N514
Kobo Utility - Refresh books on the device

Hi David,
thanks for the quick answer.
My misinterpreting ... fallacy

-Peter-
ebookskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #1227
Infernoweb
Infernoweb began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For anyone who wants to do a translation, the attached file contains the default English file and the Spanish translation.
Hi David,

Here is my contribution for French translation. Could be some little mistakes but but mainly it'll rock

Ty for your excellent plugin !

Regards,
Eric
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-2.4.1-fr.zip.zip (17.3 KB, 613 views)
Infernoweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:22 AM   #1228
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernoweb View Post
Hi David,

Here is my contribution for French translation. Could be some little mistakes but but mainly it'll rock

Ty for your excellent plugin !

Regards,
Eric
Thanks. I'll add this and release it in the next couple of days.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #1229
Frenchdummy
Enthusiast
Frenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipseFrenchdummy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo glo, Apple devices
KoboUtilities-2.4.1.1 fr.zip

Hi David,
Here is my contribution for French translation from Eric's one. Could be some little mistakes but mainly it'll rock too. Many comments added
Ty for your excellent plugin ! Thanks to Eric too
Regards,
Alain alias FrenchDummy

I will try to translate the description accordingly (in the help file)
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-2.4.1.1_FR.zip (38.7 KB, 584 views)

Last edited by Frenchdummy; 01-08-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Frenchdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:06 AM   #1230
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hi, David

This is likely to be one of the more trivial requests ever made but I'm noticing that the About Plugin option is greyed out. Could it be made available again?

Last edited by DNSB; 01-09-2017 at 03:10 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities