Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuster View Post
edit: is it possible for you to change the name of the resolution-entry or set the hook on the desired entry?
There are no names, just sizes and I can change the default entry.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 AM   #17
schuster
Zealot
schuster doesn't litterschuster doesn't litter

Device: prs-650 / prs-350 /kindle 3
ahh o.k. , because no function, i can't see it (and know ) if it is for naming the resolution.
schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
When I installed this plugin I ticked a box to put the plugin into a 'menu bar'. I never even new such a thing existed,

So my first question is - how to get rid of it - I tried uninstall/reinstall but I didn't get the question again, the menu item is still there, as were my customisations.

And my second question is - where can I "play around" with this menu feature, I'm not enamoured with button bars, so I may prefer a menu. Although I'd rather have a pretty ribbon :lol:

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	576
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	89069  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Preferences | Interface | Toolbar then select which toolbar to modify.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Advert
Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I just noticed an Enhancement request on Launchpad Ability to re-size book covers in bulk

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that most of the functionality the requester is looking for is available via this plug in.

However, if I'm right then that would support my view that this forum should be the initial place for requesting enhancements, rather than Launchpad.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #22
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BetterRed - you are correct about resizing calibre cover images in bulk being possible with this plugin.

As to where feature enhancements should go, its not a simple answer. A feature enhancement entered in Launchpad is trackable, assignable to a developer and managed by Kovid as part of managing the main calibre codebase. A suggestion made in the forums instead "might" be spotted by the relevant developer but equally might get forgotten about .

Neither approach is perfect. Launchpad is for the main calibre codebase as managed by Kovid. Sometimes the line is very gray - Kovid may not want to extend functionality in main calibre for a particular feature seeing it as too niche, but with some work it could be done as a plugin. However chances are that plugin developers like myself won't be monitoring LaunchPad (I certainly don't) so it shall lie dormant until some enterprising user like yourself resurrects it to flag it up. Also sometimes Kovid might reject an idea initially but can later be convinced with additional comments.

When in doubt with a new feature suggestion, just ask your question in the forums and you will get re-routed if required by the mods. Unless it relates to a specific plugin in this sub-forum, in which case the relevant plugin thread is the right place for it.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Trying to have this on the main tool bar, but it disappears as soon as it shows up.

How do I get this to stay?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you remember to restart calibre after installing the plugin?

If that still doesn't work, start calibre in debug mode and have a look at the output...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #25
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I figured out that the icon disappears when the Kindle shows up on the tool bar due to lack of tool bar space.

I just have to make sure to re-size the covers BEFORE I plug my Kindle in. I don't know how else to do it. If I delete and re-install the plugin I do not get the option of where to place it.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #26
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I figured out that the icon disappears when the Kindle shows up on the tool bar due to lack of tool bar space.
Go to Preferences - Toolbar and add the icon to the "Main toolbar when device is connected" toolbar that shows when you have your Kindle connected. This toolbar is different than the one that shows when your Kindle is not connected.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-04-2013 at 12:20 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #27
jhempel24
Wizard

Ohhhh.....I got ya.

Thanks alot! This is a great plug-in, fixed my OCD conformity issues LOL.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #28
vallema
vallema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Just a small bug. I have just upgraded to Calibre 1.0 on Win 7 (64 bits but I'm using calibre 32 bits) and installed Resize Cover plugin.

Resized a quite small cover (from width 140 to 450). The image updates in Book Detail pane and in edit metadata update immediately. Instead the image in the Cover Grid does not change. Eventually it updates, but I was not able to determine when and under what conditions.

Kovid said to tell you that you should be calling
self.gui.library_view.model().refresh_ids(changed_ book_ids) to ensure that
the books list is updated properly.

Thanks for looking!
mario
vallema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #29
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

H vallema, thanks for the bug report.

I've just tried that call that Kovid suggested, and that doesn't fix it. Got another suggestion Kovid?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I looked at your plugin code, you seem to be operating on the cover file directly. That's a no-no. Use the cover access APIs the db provides instead, those will automatically invalidate caches.

db.cover()
and
db.set_cover()
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote