Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
finding an astrisk in the tag browser

I have some tags from multiple columns that have astrisks in them (obfuscation of naughty words), and I was trying to find them using the search feature in the tag browser. Not the general search, but the little space at the bottom where there is room to type in a search term and then the browser collapses and just shows ONLY what you were searching for.

I can't get it to search an astrisk. I know they are there, but I can't find them using that feature. I can find them in general search, but then I am not isolating them in the browser.

Any suggestions?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:13 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW: the Manage Tags dialogue has a Search box, it finds the '_' character.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2021, 10:17 PM   #3
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You mean I could type '*' and it would find it?

Nevermind.

I was thinking that you were talking about the search box I was talking about.

Yeah, I know about the manage tags, but I wanted to isolate the tags so I could consolidate them all. I can change the tag names but I can't isolate the books with the tag unless I specifically name it in search. Then I am not sure which column it is in.

I have a mfw, tags, and details column and I wanted to go in and just consolidate the tags and get them into one place and not all over. It would have been easy if it would just find the tag with the astrisk and isolate them.

I'll figure it out.

Last edited by Rellwood; 01-11-2021 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:28 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Type 2 stars. The first * tells calibre to collapse the categories. Calibre searches for whatever follows that first *. FWIW: there is no way to search for a * without collapsing the categories.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Type 2 stars. The first * tells calibre to collapse the categories. Calibre searches for whatever follows that first *. FWIW: there is no way to search for a * without collapsing the categories.
Thanks!

I wanted it to show ONLY the tags, collapsed, so this was good.

At first I thought it was only showing me the tags with double astrisks, but I noticed a tag with just one, so that's good.

I finally got my library to the point where I am just dealing with the tags.
Advert