Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Amazon UK spend £XX get £YY credit - Nov 15 - 29

Amazon UK is at it again with the "Spend £XX get £YY credit" thing. This looks really similar to the previous times they have done this. Sometimes this type of offer has showed up in my email and sometimes as a banner ad. This time it showed up as a banner ad. For me, it's offering £3 credit after purchasing £10, but I believe the amounts vary by person. (At least they do for the US variant of this offer...)

So keep an eye out for the banner ad, and/or on your email...

Here's the info from the webpage that clicking on the ad led me to:

FAQs

Quote:
How do I get my Kindle Book credit?
Customers receive their Kindle Book credit after activating the offer and spending £10 or more on any one or more Kindle Books between November 20 and November 26, 2020 (in one or multiple transactions). You must activate your offer by clicking “Get offer” any time during the offer period in order for your purchases to count.

What if I haven't activated the offer?
If you have landed on this page without clicking on the offer email or offer push notification sent by us directly to you or without clicking on the offer banner on Amazon.co.uk, please click here - Get offer, wait for this page to reload and start shopping for Kindle Books.

Which Kindle Books count towards the offer?
Any Kindle Book that you purchase on Amazon.co.uk during the offer period will count, including Kindle Book gift orders, bulk Kindle Book orders, and pre-orders that are fulfilled during the offer period. Activation can occur at any time during the offer period. Pre-orders that are fulfilled outside of the offer period are excluded from this offer.

When is the offer period?
The offer period is between November 20 and November 26, 2020.

When do I get my credit?
Your credit will be automatically applied to your account within 4 days after spending the specified amount on any one or more Kindle Books. We will notify you via email once your credit has been applied to your account.

How do I use my Kindle Book credit?
Your £3 Kindle Book credit is automatically redeemed on your next Kindle Book purchase. Any Kindle Book sold on Amazon.co.uk is eligible for this credit.

When does my Kindle Book credit expire?
Your Kindle Book credit expires at 11.59 PM (GMT) on 26 December, 2020.
T&Cs

Quote:
Terms and Conditions
• This is a limited-time offer. The offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• To receive the promotional credits, you must: (1) activate the offer by clicking on "Get offer" at any time before 11.59pm (GMT) on 26 November, 2020 and (2) spend £10 or more on any one or more Kindle Books before 11.59pm (GMT) on 26 November, 2020. (Redemption Steps).
• Within 4 days of completing the Redemption Steps, the promotional credits will be attributed directly to your customer account and automatically applied to your next qualifying Kindle Book purchase. You will receive an e-mail from Amazon confirming that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
• The promotional credits will expire at 11.59pm (GMT) on the 26th of December. You can view your available promotional credit balance on any Kindle Book detail page. Confirmation that the promotional credit has been applied to a Kindle Book purchase will appear on the Order Summary Page. You will not need to enter a promotional code during checkout for the promotional credit to apply.
• The offer only applies to eligible Kindle Books sold by Amazon Media EU Sàrl at the website www.amazon.co.uk (the “Website”). The offer does not apply to Kindle Books sold on other Amazon websites.
• Use of the promotional credit requires an Amazon.co.uk account and acceptance of the Amazon Kindle Store Terms of Use.
• Purchaser will be responsible for the final price of an Kindle Book after the promotional credit is applied to that title.
• The promotional credit will not reduce the price of the items to which it is applied, though it will automatically reduce the amount you pay.
• This offer is only to customers located in the Great Britain, Guernsey, Jersey, Gibraltar, and Isle of Man.
• If any of the Kindle Books purchased using this promotional credit are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the Kindle Books. The promotional credit will not be available for re-use. All refunds are subject to applicable Amazon refund policies.
• This offer may not be combined with other offers or other promo codes.
• If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.
• This credit can be used on multiple qualifying Kindle Book titles, in multiple transactions, up to a maximum benefit of 3.00 GBP.
• Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
• Each promotional credit has no cash redemption value.
• Unlike Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, you will not be able to view any unused promotional codes or promotional rewards in the Your Account section of www.amazon.co.uk.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:49 PM   #2
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Thanks, sufue! This just worked for me (surprisingly...) and my offer is the same, spend £10 and get £3 in credit. I found the banner ad at the top of the Kindle Books Deal page, maybe this will work for someone: link. To clarify - I am in the USA but maintain an Amazon UK account with a different email address from the one I use for Amazon US, and keep a gift card balance to pay for things. I also keep a Fire tablet registered to the UK account to read my ebooks. Last time this offer came around, I picked up a bunch of Erle Stanley Gardner "Cool & Lam" titles, which oddly enough are cheaper in the UK store. Go figure.

[QUOTE=sufue;4060071]Amazon UK is at it again with the "Spend £XX get £YY credit" thing. This looks really similar to the previous times they have done this. Sometimes this type of offer has showed up in my email and sometimes as a banner ad. This time it showed up as a banner ad. For me, it's offering £3 credit after purchasing £10, but I believe the amounts vary by person. (At least they do for the US variant of this offer...)
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Here's the link to the offer page. You'll need to active the offer from this page.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've activated the offer, but I don't know if I'll use it. I got the previous offer too, but I'm not sure I should have used it. I generally wait for books to go on special offer before buying. But I suppose there might be some special offers I can't resist before the end of the offer period.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #5
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quite some time later, Amazon UK is offering this deal again. It showed up for me as an incredibly small little link, below the suggested other books I might want to buy on the webpage for one of Raymond Chandler's books. No nice banner ad, no email, but I've activated it, and it seems to be legit. I'll try to attach/include a screenshot, but I'm not super good at that. In my case, the offer is buy £15 and get £5 credit, and it's good through Nov 30, which is a nice long time.

ADD: Sorry, in the screenshot it says Nov 30, but in the FAQ it says Nov 29. I wouldn't push it!

After getting shut out of both the US Kindle Summer program, and the latest US Kindle Buy $XX get $YY, I'm glad to see that at least Kindle UK doesn't hate me , even if I had to be a detective to find it!

This is the link for the page it took me to when I clicked on the link, not sure if it will work for anyone else: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21579382031

Here are the FAQ:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get my Kindle Book credit?
Prime customers receive their Kindle Book credit after activating the offer and spending £15 or more on any one or more Kindle Books between November 15 and November 29, 2021 (in one or multiple transactions). You must activate your offer by clicking on the marketing banners any time during the offer period in order for your purchases to count.

What if I haven't activated the offer?
If you have landed on this page without clicking on the offer email or offer push notification sent by us directly to you or without clicking on the offer banner on Amazon.co.uk, please click here - Get offer, wait for this page to reload and start shopping for Kindle Books.

Which Kindle Books count towards the offer?
Any Kindle Book that you purchase on Amazon.co.uk during the offer period will count, including Kindle Book gift orders, bulk Kindle Book orders, and pre-orders that are fulfilled during the offer period. Activation can occur at any time during the offer period. Pre-orders that are fulfilled outside of the offer period are excluded from this offer.

When is the offer period?
The offer period is between November 15 and November 29, 2021.

When do I get my credit?
Your credit will be automatically applied to your account within 4 days after spending the specified amount on any one or more Kindle Books. We will notify you via email once your credit has been applied to your account.

How do I use my Kindle Book credit?
Your £5 Kindle Book credit is automatically redeemed on your next Kindle Book purchase. Any Kindle Book sold on Amazon.co.uk is eligible for this credit.

When does my Kindle Book credit expire?
Your Kindle Book credit expires at 11.59 PM (BST) on 28 December, 2021.

Limited-time offer. Terms and conditions apply.

And here are the T&Cs:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Terms and Conditions
• This is a limited-time offer. The offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Redemption Steps: To receive the promotional credits, you must: (1) activate the offer by clicking on marketing banners at any time before 11.59pm (BST) on 30 November, 2021 and (2) spend £15 or more on any one or more Kindle Books before 11.59pm (BST) on 30 November, 2021.
• Within 4 days of completing the Redemption Steps, the promotional credits will be attributed directly to your customer account and automatically applied to your next qualifying Kindle Book purchase. You will receive an e-mail from Amazon confirming that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
• The promotional credits will expire at 11.59pm (BST) on the 28th of December 2021. You can view your available promotional credit balance on any Kindle Book detail page. Confirmation that the promotional credit has been applied to a Kindle Book purchase will appear on the Order Summary Page. You will not need to enter a promotional code during checkout for the promotional credit to apply.
• The offer only applies to eligible Kindle Books sold by Amazon Media EU Sàrl at the website www.amazon.co.uk (the “Website”). The offer does not apply to Kindle Books sold on other Amazon websites.
• Use of the promotional credit requires an Amazon.co.uk account and acceptance of the Amazon Kindle Store Terms of Use.
• Purchaser will be responsible for the final price of an Kindle Book after the promotional credit is applied to that title.
• The promotional credit will not reduce the price of the items to which it is applied, though it will automatically reduce the amount you pay.
• This offer is only to customers located in the Great Britain, Guernsey, Jersey, Gibraltar, and Isle of Man.
• If any of the Kindle Books purchased using this promotional credit are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the Kindle Books. The promotional credit will not be available for re-use. All refunds are subject to applicable Amazon refund policies.
• This offer may not be combined with other offers or other promo codes.
• If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.
• This credit can be used on multiple qualifying Kindle Book titles, in multiple transactions, up to a maximum benefit of 5.00 GBP.
• Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
• Each promotional credit has no cash redemption value.
• Unlike Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, you will not be able to view any unused promotional codes or promotional rewards in the Your Account section of www.amazon.co.uk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle UK offer.PNG
Views:	173
Size:	976.6 KB
ID:	190328  

Last edited by sufue; 11-19-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: added ambiguous date info
Advert
Old 11-20-2021, 06:55 PM   #6
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
If you ever want to know what promotions Amazon UK has available for you, first log on to the site and then visit https://www.amazon.co.uk/my-promotions this should take you to a page containing all of the promotions currently open to you.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:47 PM   #7
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Thanks. Bookmarked.

My offer was £5 credit if I bought £15 and it seems to have worked with every Kindle book showing the putative credit.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #8
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I just got my credit in this latest round too, so it worked for me.