Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
leschek
Enthusiast
leschek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Poke2
Translating KOReader

While translating KOReader I did find some lines I really don't understand. Could someone help me to understand what the following lines mean?
  1. Pan delay interval
  2. If called by a gesture the amount of the gesture will be used
leschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The first refers to the amount of time to wait before panning starts. It's used in some cases to make panning by accident less likely.

The second is definitely awkward and should be improved. I think it refers to the distance. (I.e., the larger the distance, the larger the "amount"/value.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
leschek
Enthusiast

Thank you for explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
The first refers to the amount of time to wait before panning starts. It's used in some cases to make panning by accident less likely.
BTW by panning is meant horizontal movement (as known in photography) or something else?
Old 09-19-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leschek View Post
BTW by panning is meant horizontal movement (as known in photography) or something else?
Yes, but you can also pan vertically (including in film/photography, think of a panning shot of a skyscraper). It's dragging the page around.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:51 AM   #5
leschek
Enthusiast

Quote:
It's dragging the page around.
Thanks for the explanation. I would never have thought of that.
Advert
Old 09-20-2020, 05:04 AM   #6
leschek
Enthusiast

Forum didn't let me to edit last message (5 minutes limit)so here is additional question:

What is the best way to ask to add newly translated languages to KOReader? I would like to start fixing possible errors. Should i create a new issue on GitHub?
Old 09-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard

Generally speaking yes, but we already have Czech enabled?

Edit: I see, on Transifex it was cs_CZ and now it's just cs.

Edit 2: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6689

Last edited by Frenzie; 09-20-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #8
leschek
Enthusiast

Thank you. It's already in nightly version.

Are languages updated automatically in new (nightly) versions after somebody make changes, or do they have to be updated manually? Just asking because I would like to know how long I have to wait to see changes.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

Yes, it's all automated. The current state of https://github.com/koreader/koreader-translations is automatically pulled in when the nightly is created, but depending on specifics it may take up to 24 hours for Weblate to push the latest changes to that repo. So in some kind of worst case scenario where the timing badly aligns it might potentially take up to 2 days to actually show up in a build. But most of the time it'll just be the day after you made your changes.

Which languages are exposed in the menu to be selected is manual.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There also needs to be actual code changes for a new nightly to be built in the first place, right?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:23 PM   #11
Frenzie
Wizard

Technically we're not quite that clever atm (it's always built) but practically speaking yes.

I implicitly meant a new build on the dev channel through OTA update. If you're doing things manually you can quickly toss whichever translations you want on there regardless.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:24 AM   #12
leschek
Enthusiast

Here is another string I need help to translate:

Quote:
Fall back to text selection
(https://github.com/koreader/koreader...light.lua#L283)

Can someone tell me, please, what exactly it does?

And one more:

Quote:
BookInfo cache database schema updated.
I translated it, but I don't think reader who isn't programmer could understand it. Could it be written differently? For example:

Cached information about book was updated.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:54 AM   #13
Frenzie
Wizard

If no panel can be detected, it will select text instead.

Quote:
I translated it, but I don't think reader who isn't programmer could understand it. Could it be written differently? For example:

Cached information about book was updated.
Or maybe it shouldn't say anything at all? (Give or take a little note in the logs.)
Old 12-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #14
leschek
Enthusiast

Quote:
If no panel can be detected, it will select text instead.
Thank you

Quote:
Or maybe it shouldn't say anything at all? (Give or take a little note in the logs.)
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize it's note in the logs.
Old 12-26-2020, 05:12 AM   #15
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leschek View Post
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize it's note in the logs.
It's not a note in the logs; I'm just thinking aloud. Is it actually a useful thing to display at all?