Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2020, 03:53 PM   #136
MadMopar
MadMopar began at the beginning.

Device: None
Unfortunately, The Only Fix I Found

In reply to the prior post, yes I did re-download in 1.24. Still didn't fix it.

I have so far found the only fix was to use reflect and restore from a system backup from a week ago (before this happened).

Apparently when Kindle did the forced upgrade, it made changes in my system that even uninstalling and re-installing didn't fix.

So far everything seems to be working except for an oddball book that the DeDRM work on.

My books now come in the AZW format and no more KFX-ZIP. Maybe someone out there knows what Kindle did to force the ZIP format.

I got a .bat file from someone on GitHub that is suppose to block the forced update and so far it seems to work. I run it every time before I get books.

Unfortunately, I forgot to save the link to it before I did that restore so I can't give it to anyone here.

Just have to go to DeDRM on github and find it.

I don't feel right in posting the file here because I'm no the author and I don't know if that would be OK to do.

Hopefully someone can figure out what Amazone did to the systems to force that system change and how to remove it. I'm not that good.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that fixes will happen shortly.
MadMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:01 AM   #137
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
KFX-ZIP is what you get when DeDRM didn't work on a KFX format book. AZW is the generic extension Kindle for PC/Mac uses for all of the various Amazon formats.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #138
MadMopar
MadMopar began at the beginning.

Device: None
Slow To Catch On

OK, now I understand. Guess I'm a little dense sometimes. I thought it was Kindle doing it.

Anyway, for now I'm OK.

Did just use 4.23 Portable to take care of an oddball book.

Thanks.
MadMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:37 AM   #139
careader
careader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does anyone know anything new?
When will DeDRM be updated?
Has ApprenticeAlf said anything?

If this is all documented somewhere please point me in the right direction?
careader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:53 AM   #140
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It seems to still be underway. You can check at Apprentice Harper's github repository.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:40 AM   #141
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Should it work ?
Ubuntu 18.04.4 64 bit
Calibre 4.23
DeDrm 6.8.0
Kindle PW4 5.13.3
Book downloaded yesterday onto kindle, KFX file.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:51 AM   #142
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandulf View Post
Should it work ?
Ubuntu 18.04.4 64 bit
Calibre 4.23
DeDrm 6.8.0
Kindle PW4 5.13.3
Book downloaded yesterday onto kindle, KFX file.
No. You'll need a non-KFX file. Amazon changed the KFX encryption shortly after support was added to DeDRM plugin.

For help on avoiding KFX files see this thread.

For detailed help with DRM removal, see Apprentice Alf's blog and blog comments.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:39 AM   #143
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Thx, let me guess Kindle of android also won't work?
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:43 AM   #144
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandulf View Post
Thx, let me guess Kindle of android also won't work?
Not without a lot of work, IIRC. But we can't discuss it here.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:50 AM   #145
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
From your content & devices page, choose download & transfer via usb and pick your Paperwhite. And no, Kindle for Android won't work. Amazon closed that workaround a while ago.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:19 AM   #146
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Thread closed.

If you still need help, go to Apprentice Alf's blog.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:01 AM   #147
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Bumping thread as it’s been unlocked.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:48 AM   #148
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
DeDRM 7.1.0 is now available for Calibre 5.xx.

Thanks to pdurrant for updating my original post for more accurate.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:10 AM   #149
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
DeDRM 7.1.0 is now available for Calibre 5.xx.

Thanks to pdurrant for updating my original post for more accurate.
Thanks to Apprentice Alf and everyone who helped make this possible.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:19 PM   #150
psychogator
psychogator began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
If I'm upgrading from calibre 4.whatever and the old version of DeDrm will I need to reput my kindle ID. Or will it import my settings from the old version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
psychogator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm