Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 11:56 AM   #1
Aaa77
Aaa77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
How to create collections?

Hello everyone. I have a PW5 blacklisted by Amazon and therefore cannot create a collection. I have JB my device with LanguageBreak, and I installed KUAL.

I also installed KOreader which can manage folders, which is ok for me but the problem is that in addition to books I have a lot of manga and comics, which I find is not suitable for reading under KOreader, the Kindle reader being more readable I would like to be able to have my collections from the basic newspaper.

I would like to know which program to use, I did my own research but I am lost between CollectionManager, Librarian, etc... I also thought I understood that I had to install Python. Can anyone help me? THANKS

PS: I'm not English and I use an automatic translator, sorry if it's poorly written.
Aaa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 03:32 PM   #2
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Keyboard + Kindle Voyage WiFi + Kindle PW11 Kids
Check this page, there're several solutions for more convenient collection management, and some of them could probably work on unregistered/non-jailbroken devices.
If your device is already jailbroken, Collections Manager along with Collections plugin for Calibre seems to be the best way.

Last edited by bugmen00t; 03-10-2024 at 03:38 PM.
bugmen00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2024, 08:34 PM   #3
Aaa77

Thank you for your answer. I tried using Collection Manager and his Calibre plugin but I can't open Collection Manager on my PW5, as if it was no longer compatible. I also tried LibrarianSync but it does not appear in KUAL, I understood that it was necessary to install Python but I don't understand how, in short I am lost

My version : 5.15.1.1
Old 03-19-2024, 04:56 PM   #4
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaa77 View Post
I understood that it was necessary to install Python but I don't understand how
I believe you need to download Python package v0.15 from NiLuJe's hacks thread & copy one of the update_xxxxxxxx_pw2_and_up.bin files into /mrpackages folder on your Kindle (not sure which version of Python is required for plugins to work, 2.7 or 3).

If you have your device jailbroken and KUAL working, you could either do ;log mrpi search in the search field or run MR Package Installer from KUAL (assuming that you have mrinstaller, kual-plus and helper extensions in KUAL).
Old 03-21-2024, 05:23 PM   #5
Aaa77

I installed both versions of python and collection manager does not show in the log with either one... I don't understand if I am doing something wrong or not
Advert
Old 03-22-2024, 04:39 PM   #6
bugmen00t
Connoisseur

Quote:
I don't understand if I am doing something wrong or not
It seems that Collection Manager plugin doesn't work on newer devices as support for .azw2 Kindlets was dropped since FW version 5.10.

So the only option left is Librarian Sync for KUAL (installation instruction for newer devices) + Kinlde Collections plugin for Calibre (although this plugin was made with Colection Manager plugin in mind, it should work with Librarian Sync as well).

Last edited by bugmen00t; 03-22-2024 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:17 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please do not give any help with this blacklisted PW5 as it's either lost or stolen. If the OP bought it, then the OP should return it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:04 PM   #8
bugmen00t
Connoisseur

I do not give any advice that could help bypass the blacklist restrictions and have no such intentions. But I'm very interested in whether it's possible to use third-party tools to manage collections on recent Kindle firmware, which has something to do with the Aaa77's case.

Anyway it seems that now the best place to ask for help is dedicated thread for Librarian Sync.

Last edited by bugmen00t; 03-23-2024 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:38 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where did this blacklisted Kindle come from?
That's irrelevant. There are people that are openly selling blocked Kindles and prominently explaining that they can't be used with Amazon. It's not illegal.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:10 AM   #10
Aaa77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please do not give any help with this blacklisted PW5 as it's either lost or stolen. If the OP bought it, then the OP should return it.
The Kindle is not stolen. I didn't receive the package, I filed a complaint with Amazon and they refunded it to me. Two days later a honest neighbor brought me the Kindle which had been left in his garden.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:40 AM   #11
Aaa77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmen00t View Post
It seems that Collection Manager plugin doesn't work on newer devices as support for .azw2 Kindlets was dropped since FW version 5.10.

So the only option left is Librarian Sync for KUAL (installation instruction for newer devices) + Kinlde Collections plugin for Calibre (although this plugin was made with Colection Manager plugin in mind, it should work with Librarian Sync as well).
I followed the instructions, python was already installed, and when I try to install the librariansync .bin with ;log mrpi the LS package is destroyed directly. Same when I try to install it at the same time as the python package
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #12
bugmen00t
Connoisseur

Quote:
I followed the instructions, python was already installed, and when I try to install the librariansync .bin with ;log mrpi the LS package is destroyed directly. Same when I try to install it at the same time as the python package
What version of Python do you have installed? Looks like it should be 2.7 and not 3. Also try to use MRInstaller from KUAL and see if the result will be the same. Maybe you could find something useful in log file?

Another possible reason is the mismatch between current PW5 firmware and .bin's FW version. You may try to manually unpack and repack LibrarianSync *.bin file with newest Kindletool and try again.