Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
tc2020
tc2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Docs/non-Amazon ebooks not syncing

Hi all! I am having trouble with my non-Amazon ebooks, which work fine on my Kindle but aren't showing up anywhere else. I'd like to access my annotations and sync progress, etc.

I've found a few threads on here about similar problems - but the solutions all start with going to 'Manage Your Content and Devices' on the Amazon site, and finding the ebooks listed under Docs there. Mine are not even showing up there - the site tells me 'No Items Found' when I click to look at Docs on my Kindle.

All the Amazon ebooks are showing up fine so I don't think it's a general problem with syncing. The non-Amazon ebooks were sent to the Kindle via email. Any advice would be great!
tc2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:11 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Make sure that "Personal Document Archiving" is enabled. The setting can be found in the "Manage Your Content and Devices" page online. It it in the "Preferences" tab somewhere within the "Personal Document Settings" section.

Quote:
Personal Document Archiving

When this option is enabled, personal documents sent to your Send-to-Kindle e-mail address will also be added to your Kindle library.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
tc2020
tc2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Aha! Thank you. Will it go back and add the files already on the Kindle to my library, or is this only going to work for future docs I send?
tc2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2020 View Post
Will it go back and add the files already on the Kindle to my library, or is this only going to work for future docs I send?
Only future documents as far as I know.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:26 AM   #5
shallnot
shallnot began at the beginning.

Device: Oa2, Voyage, PPW1-3-4, Fire 2-5th & iPhone
In Manage Your Content and Devices page, select Docs, when all your personal ebooks appear select them all and click Deliver, then send to the devices you want, like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dd.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	177433  
shallnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #6
jesuita
jesuita began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by shallnot View Post
In Manage Your Content and Devices page, select Docs, when all your personal ebooks appear select them all and click Deliver, then send to the devices you want, like this
I don't seem to be able to send them to my other devices (Kindle on Android Phone, tablet or even Cloud).

https://i.imgur.com/EYRthwG.png

Any idea why?

Archiving is enabled.
jesuita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:35 AM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Docs cannot be read in Cloud or desktop Kindle apps. I would check that those other devices actually exist. Sometimes an update or reinstall of Android/iOS app makes you re-register and it can ‘orphan’ older registrations. Just remove the zombie devices.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:10 AM   #8
jesuita
jesuita began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Docs cannot be read in Cloud or desktop Kindle apps. I would check that those other devices actually exist. Sometimes an update or reinstall of Android/iOS app makes you re-register and it can ‘orphan’ older registrations. Just remove the zombie devices.
Got it, thanks!
jesuita is offline   Reply With Quote