Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #181
pigeonweather
Enthusiast
pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pigeonweather ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Droid
yes, you;'re quite right, and i've asked the moderator to move the post to the 'Author Self-Promotions' forum, where i should have put it in the first place. Also, thanks for the links & review. 'a casual read' is exactly what it's meant for :}
pigeonweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #182
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I think Zombie Nights has very good potential to be a great book. I hope you'll rework it.

Mean while I'll check out your other books when I catch up on my book list. Thanks.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #183
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonweather View Post
yes, you;'re quite right, and i've asked the moderator to move the post to the 'Author Self-Promotions' forum, where i should have put it in the first place. Also, thanks for the links & review. 'a casual read' is exactly what it's meant for :}
No worries. Your post is on topic and you posted it once. You were also honest that it was your own book... and heck, it is free.

This is much different than starting a thread about his own book and hiding the fact that he is the author then bumping the thread every day or two with psockpuppet accounts.

If you did want to start a thread about this book in Author Self-Promotions you are welcome to do that too.

BOb <moderator>
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #184
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Bob.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #185
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
psockpuppet accounts!

Now that topic makes me giggle a lot more than zombies.... I'm sensing a zombie obsession in the chat as well...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 AM   #186
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
Day of the Triffids is one of my favorite books, probably for exactly the reasons you state. I love stories where the existing order is overturned, where new rules for survival come into play, and where there is menace lurking around every corner. Day of the Triffids fits the bill (along with most zombie novels).
I agree, I had this conversation with my girl the other day, she couldn't understand why I read so many "apocalyptic depressing, hopeless novels".

From my perspective, they're books about survival againsts the odds, they actually document hope, optimism and humanitys will to go on.

I suspect my annoance at the daily grind of 9-5 probably has an influence too, the idea of a break of routine, returning to Darwins law etc.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #187
SameOldStory
My True Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
.... I'm sensing a zombie obsession in the chat as well...
Are You sure? Grace, I've read this thread thru and thru and can see only normal amount of zombie conversation in this thread.

But now that I think about it, I don't recall any zombie books that take place in Hawaii. You could be the first to write one! But I do want a mention in the dedication about how I inspired you to greater glory.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #188
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Are You sure? Grace, I've read this thread thru and thru and can see only normal amount of zombie conversation in this thread.

But now that I think about it, I don't recall any zombie books that take place in Hawaii. You could be the first to write one! But I do want a mention in the dedication about how I inspired you to greater glory.
I mean the chat at the bottom of the forum listing pages... someone always changes the topic, but it always comes back to zombies! What is our obsession with brain eating and all that?

We have Night Marchers. They don't eat brains, but they hang out at night and they sort of steal souls, and they're dead. Is that close enough?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #189
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I mean the chat at the bottom of the forum listing pages... someone always changes the topic, but it always comes back to zombies! What is our obsession with brain eating and all that?
Cause we have all seen brains.. and we have all thought how delicious they would be.

Now now... don't deny it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #190
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

I think the texture would get to me. I don't like sliced bread either. Or sponge cake, unless it's drenched with strawberry juice... oh, wait, I get it now! mmmm brains!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #191
fantasyISbetter
FantasyisBetter
fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyISbetter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Didn't read entire thread, but if anyone is looking for good zombie novels here are a few recommendation of books I read and liked:

Funny- Happy Hour of the Damned- Mark Henry

serious- Becker, Robin Brains (a zombie memoir)
fantasyISbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #192
baldanders
baldanders began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I recommend Day by Day Armageddon 1 and 2 by J.L. Bourne. He is writing book 3 now.
baldanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #193
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
It's probably been mentioned before, and it deserves a second bump...

Patient Zero.

Imagine zombies as a weapon of mass destruction.

Man, I loved me some PZ. Now I need to go back and reread it...okay, going back to lurking now. I hope one of you trips and falls soon, then I can eat your delicious brains...
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #194
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post

Patient Zero.

Man, I loved me some PZ. Now I need to go back and reread it...okay, going back to lurking now. I hope one of you trips and falls soon, then I can eat your delicious brains...
Take a look at Draculas, by JA Konrath and a few others. Not great on character development, but it's a fun read overall.

I hope that helps.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #195
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post

Patient Zero.

I'm listening to PZ in audio. WOW, excellent zombie fare. Mixture of Romero, Max Brooks, and Vince Flynn/Tom Clancy genres.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote