Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
GFMCo
GFMCo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation weird epub validation error message

Hello all -- I am trying to learn how to build epubs from InDesign CS4 files (I know, I know, that's asking for trouble). I have (somewhat) successfully re-formatted the file using Sigil and am at the validation stage.

When I run the file through epubcheck I get the following error message:
ERROR: 101 Ways to Make Gen X, Y and Z Happy at Work.epub: could not parse OEBPS/Text/101 Ways chpt48.xhtml: duplicate id: x101-ways-book-5-31-10

I'm not sure what this means. The version of the epub I am using dates from 6/27, not 5/31. The InDesign book file does contain the file 101-ways-book-5-31-10 but why would epubcheck choke on chapter 48 when there are 47 chapters in the epub before that? More to the point, how do I fix it?

Thanks for any insight you can supply!
keke
GFMCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
It means that there are at least two ids named 101-ways-book-5-31-10.

You're going to have to learn a bit about XHTML and CSS I'm afraid...

Try searching in code view for that id name, then rename any duplicates to something else.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
GFMCo
GFMCo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ah! I found it! Thanks to InDesign, there were duplicate id's all through a bulleted list, only in that chapter. I removed them from the code after comparing the list to one in another chapter. It passed pre-flight this time!
Thanks for the hint, Capidamonte.
keke
GFMCo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cs4, epubcheck, sigil, validation