Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #31
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Goshin -- I'm over sixty years old and still happily admit to being naive. Better than being cynical like most of the writers and editors I came up the years with. But your point's well taken. Thanks.

I'm more in tune with Emonti, who seems to realise that 'love' of a book is subjective and who wouldn't feel good about returning something on this basis.

We've been talking this over (because of a sudden new bunch of third-party retailers) and come up with something a tad different: If you didn't really like your ebook, tell us why -- and we'll send, free of charge, something that would seem more up your street.

How does that sound? You see, I'm looking for 'serial readers' ... folks who'll get to trust our wee house and come back with confidence.

Cheers -- and with massive thanks for the comment and advice -- Neil.

Last edited by neilmarr; 01-10-2010 at 06:38 AM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #32
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Neil, I think that's a perfect middle ground.

Not only do you get to see what tickles the fancy of your readers, but you also have the chance to turn them on to another author...

It's a darn good marketing tool. :-) Good one!
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #33
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Off topic, but I think The House in the Riddle and King's Priory are some of my favorite indie house covers
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #34
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Jaxx. We signed up a new designer late last year (Tony Szmuk in Canada) and some of his work on our more recent titles is worth taking a look at if you're interested in cover art. Blue Man Dreams the End of Time, Notes from the Lightning God, The Movie, Bottom of the list. One slight problem with internet marketing is that online stores tend to display covers as thumbnails and -- even though we simplify to help compensate -- subtle detail is often missed at first glance. Cheers. Neil
Old 01-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #35
goshin
goshin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hi Neilmarr,
That's a different look on selling than I first thought reading your idea. Now I understnd that baed on the critique of a buyer you would be able to adjust the choice he or she made based on your knowledge of genre and individual books. That sounds more like a unique selling point to me. Wish you the best of luck with it! Cheers to ya.
goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #36
neilmarr
neilmarr

I appreciate that, Goshin. As I see it, we must satisy three vital folks -- creator, editor/moderator and reader. Reader is tops. And he's what the others are working to attract and keep. The 'industry' is not about what the author and pro editor would like but what the reader will enjoy. But the other folks in the chain must be satisfied and the publisher and retailer must be fed. It's a difficult game to play. And, sadly, most of it is about what cash is available for the promotion that will nudge folks doward taking a look. Wanna swap jobs?