Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #91
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I just checked, the last book I read was 15. Its been a while, so I can't remember the exact reason I quit on them but I *think* they lost some of their humor. Almost like it was too forced?
Like I said, it's been quite a while. Shame she passed it off to others, it used to be so darn funny. Just truly laugh out loud funny. I would drive my hubby nuts giggling while reading in bed while he was trying to sleep.
Thanks for the info!
S
Again all rumored but 12 was supposed to be the end of the series but the publisher wouldn't have it. JE wrote 13 there is no doubt about it but after that she either worked with her daughter on a few and eventually gave it up to her. The truth is she has been known to abandoned series before. Three series were abandoned before Plum. The Salem series was to be abandoned but they brought in a co writer. My guess is if she could she would retire. When her son got sick she didn't want to write anymore. She wanted to stop but she was under contract and all those fans who demanded more.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #92
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I never got into the Stephanie Plum series. Way back in the day, JE wrote for Loveswept and I LOVED Loveswept books. Nice romances with some quirky start to the book. I read her back then.

Once she went mainstream, I saw an interview with her and she really put down those early books she wrote as stupid, fluffly romance novels. That offended me and I've refused to read anything with her name on it since.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #93
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I quit reading before 10. In my mind, Joe and Ranger ran off together and Stephanie is still out there bumbling around since the author has made it clear she'd never really choose between them or learn a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Once she went mainstream, I saw an interview with her and she really put down those early books she wrote as stupid, fluffly romance novels. That offended me and I've refused to read anything with her name on it since.
This always makes me sad. There have been other authors who made the jump to mainstream books without deriding their early category romance careers: Sandra Brown, Tami Hoag, Lisa Garner (who wrote SIMs as Alicia Scott), and Eileen Dreyer (who wrote as Kathleen Korbel, then wrote medical mysteries before coming back to write historicals still using Dreyer), plus others.

I could understand JE not wanting to write anymore when her son became ill. But she's signed new contracts since. If she's not really writing them, then she must like the money.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #94
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

She no longers owns the name. Yes she is still putting her name with co writers but her children pretty much run the business. I no longer think of JE as a single person when it is a team of family writers and who else they hire. She probably doesn't write much at all these days actually. She does some editing on the co writer books.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story...thor/89417768/

As you can see in this interview her son is head of the team now.

Also that comment about profanity in the Plum novels proves to me Janet had nothing to do with 23.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 01-11-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #95
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
She no longers owns the name. Yes she is still putting her name with co writers but her children pretty much run the business. I no longer think of JE as a single person when it is a team of family writers and who else they hire. She probably doesn't write much at all these days actually. She does some editing on the co writer books.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story...thor/89417768/

As you can see in this interview her son is head of the team now.

Also that comment about profanity in the Plum novels proves to me Janet had nothing to do with 23.

Sent from my XT1528
That was an interesting read, thanks for that!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2017, 05:06 AM   #96
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quick question, does Stephanie Plum have a sister?

I don’t remember reading that she had, but it’s been several years since I read the first 14 books, I’m on 17 now and while she is describing the living room of her parents house she mentions a chest full of toys that belongs to her sister’s kids.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:45 AM   #97
ferrywoman
Groupie
ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ferrywoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Air 2
IIRC, there's an older sister and, yes, she has kids. Vicky? Valerie?

This series is totally blast from the past for me. I dropped it after book 13 and was in college. I loved Ranger (so. freaking. much.) but couldn't stand Stephanie's lack of growth. It worked for me for forever teens like Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys; but, somehow, not for a character who, at the time, was about double my age.
ferrywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 AM   #98
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Thank’s!

I didn’t remember that, and since her mother is eager to see steph get married I assumed she was an only child.

I’m enjoying the audios, they are fun and don’t require a lot of concentration, so I can listen to them when I’m doing other things, when the story is more complicated I have to pay more attention to understand. Also I don’t see them as being romance, for me they are more a kind of humorous mystery.

The only thing I don’t really care much about is the descriptions, in each book she describes what she looks like, and what her parents house is like, and the other people on her life, I’m in the 3 in a row and I’m getting tired of hearing the same thing.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:38 AM   #99
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
Thank’s!

I didn’t remember that, and since her mother is eager to see steph get married I assumed she was an only child.

I’m enjoying the audios, they are fun and don’t require a lot of concentration, so I can listen to them when I’m doing other things, when the story is more complicated I have to pay more attention to understand. Also I don’t see them as being romance, for me they are more a kind of humorous mystery.

The only thing I don’t really care much about is the descriptions, in each book she describes what she looks like, and what her parents house is like, and the other people on her life, I’m in the 3 in a row and I’m getting tired of hearing the same thing.
Yep the introduction is in every book too. I've gotten use to it.

Valerie Kloughn is Steph's sister. She was previously married and had children.

I can't remember the last time she was mentioned in the series. She's in some of the in between numbers books too.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 01-12-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #100
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free from Sourcebooks, a two book set:

How to Marry a Cowboy/Reckless in Texas by Carolyn Brown and Kari Lynn Dell.

Spoiler:
How to Marry a Cowboy: Texas rancher Mason Harper’s daughters want a new mama in the worst way, and when a beautiful woman in a tattered wedding gown appears on their doorstep, the two little girls adopt her-no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mason isn’t sure about taking in a complete stranger, but Lord knows he needs a nanny, and Annie Rose Boudreau stirs his heart in long-forgotten ways…
Reckless in Texas: Violet Jacobs is fearless. At least, that’s what the cowboys she snatches from under the hooves of bucking horses think. Outside the ring, she’s got plenty of worries rattling her bones: her young son, her mess of a love life, and lately, her family’s struggling rodeo. When she takes business into her own hands and hires on a hotshot bullfighter, she expects to start a ruckus. She never expected Joe Cassidy.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #101
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
m/m hockey series by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy, each book on sale for $0.99:

Him

Spoiler:
Jamie Canning has never been able to figure out how he lost his closest friend. Four years ago, his tattooed, wise-cracking, rule-breaking roommate cut him off without an explanation. So what if things got a little weird on the last night of hockey camp the summer they were eighteen? It was just a little drunken foolishness. Nobody died.

Ryan Wesley’s biggest regret is coaxing his very straight friend into a bet that pushed the boundaries of their relationship. Now, with their college teams set to face off at the national championship, he’ll finally get a chance to apologize. But all it takes is one look at his longtime crush, and the ache is stronger than ever.

Jamie has waited a long time for answers, but walks away with only more questions—
can one night of sex ruin a friendship? If not, how about six more weeks of it? When Wesley turns up to coach alongside Jamie for one more hot summer at camp, Jamie has a few things to discover about his old friend...and a big one to learn about himself.

Warning: contains sexual situations, hotties on hockey skates, skinnydipping, shenanigans in an SUV and proof that coming out to your family on social media is a dicey proposition.

Us

Spoiler:
Can your favorite hockey players finish their first season together undefeated?

Five months in, NHL forward Ryan Wesley is having a record-breaking rookie season. He’s living his dream of playing pro hockey and coming home every night to the man he loves—Jamie Canning, his longtime best friend turned boyfriend. There’s just one problem: the most important relationship of his life is one he needs to keep hidden, or else face a media storm that will eclipse his success on the ice.

Jamie loves Wes. He really, truly does. But hiding sucks. It’s not the life Jamie envisioned for himself, and the strain of keeping their secret is taking its toll. It doesn’t help that his new job isn’t going as smoothly as he’d hoped, but he knows he can power through it as long as he has Wes. At least apartment 10B is their retreat, where they can always be themselves.

Or can they? When Wes’s nosiest teammate moves in upstairs, the threads of their carefully woven lie begin to unravel. With the outside world determined to take its best shot at them, can Wes and Jamie develop major-league relationship skills on the fly?

Warning: contains sexual situations, a vibrating chair, long-distance sexytimes and proof that hockey players look hot in any shade of green.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #102
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
m/m hockey series by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy, each book on sale for $0.99:

Him

Us
These two are also available from Kobo for $0.99 each. (Only checked Kobo US.)

Him

Us
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #103
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Dream Lover (originally published as Dream Tide) by Cindy Gerard (B-/3 stars)
  • Slow Burn by Cindy Gerard (B/4 stars)
  • Too Wild to Wed? by Jayne Ann Krentz (B/4 stars)
  • The Pirate (Ladies & Legends #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz (B-/3 stars)
  • The Welcoming by Nora Roberts (B-/3 stars)
  • Temptress (Logan Brothers & Brady Sisters #2) by Linda Raye (C+/3 stars)
  • The Main Attraction by Jayne Ann Krentz (C+/3 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-15.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	154218  
Old 01-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #104
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Paula Graves, who wrote for Harlequin Intrigue as well as self-published, has died.

My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #105
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Paula Graves, who wrote for Harlequin Intrigue as well as self-published, has died.

My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.
Very sad to hear this. One of my favorite Intrigue authors. RIP
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote