Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 04:59 PM   #16
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'll second A Year in Provence and Beat Not The Bones.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #17
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'll third A Year in Provence. An excellent book, and I'd love an excuse to re-read it.

I'll also second Downbelow Station. I'm sure I read this when it first released, but I'm always game for an excuse to read Cherryh. And here's some links to the book:
Kindle (US) edition.
Audible
Amazon CA (Way overpriced. buy it at the US store.)
Amazon UK
Kobo Canada (seriously overpriced)
B&N (Also way over priced)

Last edited by CRussel; 05-25-2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Added links, since the original nominator didn't.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #18
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Since it is set in Canada I'll third Deja Dead, despite the fact that I've already read it and I have been trying to nominate/vote for books that are new to me. If it is chosen I'll read #5 in the Temperance Brennan series.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #19
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I have nothing to add to the nominations, but I do know where my vote(s) will be going.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I have nothing to add to the nominations, but I do know where my vote(s) will be going.
Of the books that have three nods, I know which ones I am voting for. I'll decide if any others I'll vote for once they get three nods.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #21
VioletVal
Connoisseur
VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'VioletVal can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle, iPhone
I second American Gods.
VioletVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:51 PM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletVal View Post
I second American Gods.
At 624 pages it's rather long, but American Gods has, in the decade since it first appeared, become an instant classic. With 9 minutes to go before the poll loses, I third Neil Gaiman's American Gods.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:00 AM   #23
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The nominations are now closed.

I'll be back shortly with the poll.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #24
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

The poll has been posted.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:25 AM   #25
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Hmmm. I didn't realize this was a shorter nomination period than we used to have and I thought it was still 10 days. Oops.

Had I realized that I would have thirded Downbelow Station just to get another option. Downbelow Station looks interesting but I can't get it from my library so I had only been holding off in hopes that something available from my library would get nominated.

Next time I will know better.

Bad me. RTFM or RTFI(nstructions) in this case...
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #26
Thomas Clark
Thomas Clark began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would pick American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
Thomas Clark is offline   Reply With Quote