Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #16
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
actually, there's a modified version of iPDF that does bookmarking, and which works fairly well.. the only thing really missing is a search (and making a ToC using acrobat or something generally helps)
Sadly, it only allows about 9 bookmarks, which would not have been enough to mark all the important passages in the 700 page book I was studying.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:29 AM   #17
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Actually, this is one area where the Kindle excels. You can highlight areas of text and create annotations using the keyboard. The highlighted text and your notes are copied into a text file which appears in the book selection list as "My Clippings". In this file, the book title and clipping location is given (similar to the page number you might have on your paper index) along with the highlighted text and your notes. You can copy the "My Clippings" file to your computer for editing, printing, etc.
Elsi,
I was reading that in the Kindle's Owner's Manual after my original post, Sadly I do not have a kindle, AH THE DRAMA, I really have been kicking it around but I was hoping for a much easier on the eyes Kindle 2.0 before taking that leap. I have a bad history of picking the losing format when a new technology comes out. i.e. HD DVD instead of Blu-Ray so if the PRS 505 goes under I can add another one to my list. (Anyone want to trade a very slightly used 505 for a Kindle?) Just kidding!! no seriously, I DONT KNOW. THe insanity of it all.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert