Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
FrancisT
FrancisT is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook, Toshiba NB100
Kipling ebook collection in html & mobi format

I have created single file HTML and then Mobi versions of all of
Rudyard kipling's prose that was available at the whitewolf site.
You can download some or all of them from here

http://www.di2.nu/files/kipling/

I note that I haven't got the TOC right in the .mobi ones (the links
work but I think I need to add a couple of tags somewhere so that the
TOC appears in the cybook 'goto' menu) also I haven't got images
(cover or otherwise) yet. I'll reply to this post as and when I fix
these issues or any others that people report to me

Share & Enjoy

Francis
FrancisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
thanks Francis
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have to ask - do you like Kipling?

HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
oops--didn't read
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

I don't know, I haven't Kippled.

(that was the answer you were looking for .... yes??)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
FrancisT

Quote:

Since I was able to correct a couple of scan errors from memory I think the answer to that question is yes. I've kipled for many a year and hope to keep on kipling for many to come

PS Assuming I have decent speed internet access later today I'll probably upload improved versions. It has been pointed out to me that the HTML could be significantly tidied up.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks FrancisT - this is really appreciated. I love Kipling.

Please let me know the size of the zip file - I started downloading it, but paused when I realised that it appears be huge!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
FrancisT

New - vastly improved - versions are now available. TOC, Cover and -
most importantly - a certain amount of poetry that was accidentally
skipped - are now present.

There are a few volumes that still need work.
1) Irish Guards in the Great War, The, Vol.1 and Irish Guards in the
Great War, The, Vol.2 are missing their maps and photos
2) The Just So Stories likewise (this is more important IMO)
3) I need to recreate my "Full Stalky" volume with all the Stalky
stories in it.

Many thanks to Paul Durrant for giving me some hints on how to get the
mobi creation software to work.

Share, Enjoy and please give feedback

Francis

PS One problem - I note that my version of FBReader doesn't seem to do
the word wrap right on these files. Since I don't use FBReader for much
except testing I'm not sure if this was true of the previous files.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
any chance of an update? I see that Just So Stories is still missing artwork, and "How the alphabet was Made" really needs the pictures to work...
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
Quote:

I've never read Kipling... But he does make exceedingly good cakes.

I think that is what you were after wasn't it Harry?
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
There's also the complete poetry of Kipling as well! His poetry was as good as his prose.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:12 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
He is, I think, a lot better known for his poetry than his prose. Or at least, he certainly used to be.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook, kipling, mobipocket