Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
SteveMB
SteveMB began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Thrive (Honeycomb Tablet); Touch Pro 2 (WinMo Phone)
TOC Oddity -- Bad Entry For Cover

When doing an ePub-to-ePub conversion (to smooth out issues such as breaking comma-delimited "Subject" tags into separate lines so that my reader will pick them up as separate items rather than one big item), the first TOC entry in the generated file gets broken.

After exploding the generated ePub and looking at it, the problem seems to be that Calibre names the first subpage (with the title graphic and nothing else) as "titlepage.xhtml" but references it in the TOC as "001.html".

Is there a setting that needs to be tweaked to get the TOC to use the same name as the HTML subpage, or is this a conversion bug? (I tried changing the "generate SVG cover" setting, since that was the first one I found that seemed possibly relevant, but it didn't change the outcome.)
SteveMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your original epub will have something broken like a guide entry that refers to the first content html as a cover.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
SteveMB
SteveMB began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Thrive (Honeycomb Tablet); Touch Pro 2 (WinMo Phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Your original epub will have something broken like a guide entry that refers to the first content html as a cover.
Thanks. After a few experiments, I found that deleting the cover image from the front of my original document file* and then adding the cover later from within Calibre prevented the generation of the broken TOC entry.

*DOCX filed converted to ePub using the Atlantis word processor feature, followed by ePub-to-ePub conversion in Calibre to rub off a few rough edges such as the comma-delimited tags coming out as one big tag in the original ePub.
SteveMB is offline   Reply With Quote