Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-25-2017, 11:14 PM   #46
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck to your Mom and family, crich70.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #47
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Good luck to your Mom and family, crich70.
Thank you cromag.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #48
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Busy day today. The movers are here and moving us downstairs.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #49
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

If I ever hear someone say that moving is easy I will laugh them to scorn. The movers came on the 3rd and got most of our stuff moved down and then i had the task of unpacking. Asked for help on Sunday at church. No one came til yesterday. Too little help too late in the day. The movers are coming back to finish today and only about half the boxes are unpacked from last time. I strained my back (It's sore) and kept on having low blood sugar trouble from exerting myself.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #50
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
If I ever hear someone say that moving is easy I will laugh them to scorn. The movers came on the 3rd and got most of our stuff moved down and then i had the task of unpacking. Asked for help on Sunday at church. No one came til yesterday. Too little help too late in the day. The movers are coming back to finish today and only about half the boxes are unpacked from last time. I strained my back (It's sore) and kept on having low blood sugar trouble from exerting myself.
My first move was easy. One tote bag of clothes. Second move was a little harder, a stereo, a crate of albums and same tote bag of clothes. 3rd move, dropped stereo and albums off at grandparents, back to a tote bag of clothes.
Somehow the rest of the moves took more time. Now, it would take me a month to pack.

Hugs. I figured you could use a laugh.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #51
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
My first move was easy. One tote bag of clothes. Second move was a little harder, a stereo, a crate of albums and same tote bag of clothes. 3rd move, dropped stereo and albums off at grandparents, back to a tote bag of clothes.
Somehow the rest of the moves took more time. Now, it would take me a month to pack.

Hugs. I figured you could use a laugh.
Thanks. I need one. The movers got most of it on the 3rd and put the boxes in my big walk in closet. Today they came back. I was supposed to unpack what they brought down on the 3rd. I got half way through it. I asked for help at church on Sunday (to have it done for today) and only a few people came (yesterday) so that what help there was was too little too late. Needless to say mom can't come home tomorrow with the apt as it is now.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #52
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Mom came home to stay on Friday (Aug. 25th). Still getting some stuff done but hope to have at least the clean up of the old apt. done soon. Going to take my time sorting out boxes in my room/closet. Dealing with backache from lifting boxes. At least with mom home someone else is there if I have a low blood sugar at night. Not easy living alone when you have diabetes. And I'm sure she is glad to be home as well.

Last edited by crich70; 08-27-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #53
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great to read this. I was starting to get worried about you.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #54
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Great to read this. I was starting to get worried about you.
Sorry about worrying you Cinisajoy. I've been kept busy a lot of late.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #55
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Sorry about worrying you Cinisajoy. I've been kept busy a lot of late.
No problem, just glad mom is home.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:38 AM   #56
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No problem, just glad mom is home.
Me too though she still sometimes drives me crazy. lol. Seriously it is good to have her home not only for the fact that she is better but also it takes another stress off my mind. Each night she was gone I wondered if I might maybe have a low blood sugar in my sleep and wake to find that I was in the hospital. I know people that that has happened to. I had a friend on another message board who would keep watch for a morning message from me and who would call me if I didn't post one. If they couldn't get hold of me they had my pastor's # so someone could check in on me. Anyway with mom home less time is lost should something of the sort happen. So I have two less sources of stress to bedevil me now. i.e worry because mom was sick and worry about a coma inducing low in my sleep with no one here. Still have the stress of getting things sorted but less stress is always good.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #57
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Glad you had emergency contacts. That was the part that worried me.
As to parents driving you crazy, yep understand completely.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:28 PM   #58
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Glad you had emergency contacts. That was the part that worried me.
As to parents driving you crazy, yep understand completely.
I imagine that's a universal problem. lol. Though of course they probably say it's the reverse that's true. Hoping to get the rest of the clean up in the old apt. done quickly. Between trying to get the new place ready for mom to come home, extreme back ache from trying to move boxes about and trying to make sure I didn't end up passing out from low blood sugar (a constant problem) I've not been able to finish that as yet. Something the manager has reminded me of (another source of stress) on a few occasions. Don't know what he's worried about myself. He took a month after starting the job to give me the keys and will have to tear out the old carpet (it's 20 yrs old) put in new and repaint so its not like he can just rent the place tomorrow anyway. And the new apt. where I am now was empty for a month or more before he got the job. Having to file paperwork to move downstairs etc. plus the work that the previous manager did accounts for that. And currently he's been working on another apt. that neighbors of mine moved from (they were upstairs and have health trouble) so why he's so rabid on the subject of getting me out upstairs (and I am working as fast as I can) I don't know. He claims he repainted the walls but I doubt that. When you repaint and the windows are closed up you have the new paint smell hanging around a bit after doors and windows are opened. I detected no such odor. He may have daubed a little paint on areas where nail holes had to be filled in (maybe).
Old 09-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #59
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Got good news today from mom's Dr. There is no sign of the cancer. She has a 25% chance of not having it come back at present. She sees the Dr. again in 3 months to be scanned again to recheck that it hasn't come back.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #60
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Got good news today from mom's Dr. There is no sign of the cancer. She has a 25% chance of not having it come back at present. She sees the Dr. again in 3 months to be scanned again to recheck that it hasn't come back.
FANTASTIC