With Android 20 66.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #16
ic10503
ic10503 began at the beginning.

Device: sony dpt-rp1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Please vote which version of Sony's Digital Paper would you buy.

Very interesting. What's the app that the guy is using to open epub files in the video?
ic10503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:16 PM   #17
Bracer
Bracer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ic10503 View Post
Very interesting. What's the app that the guy is using to open epub files in the video?
It is called Alreader. You can get it in the Android Play store. Not sure about other platforms. Named after the developer. Alan Neverland.
Bracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #18
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
I would prefer the locked-down version (without Android).

With a screen refresh rate as slow, as the one on E-ink displays, Android will simply be laggy.
Not only that, but you have so many Android devices out there. Why not pick some unique platform instead of the most popular one (as of June 2017)?

It's like buying a Kindle e-reader with Android - it just doesn't fit it. It's way more fun to have the Amazon's Linux, which once Jailbreaked, opens a whole world of possibilities, so you can use your Kindle as a computer or even as a server.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #19
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmart View Post
I would prefer the locked-down version (without Android).

With a screen refresh rate as slow, as the one on E-ink displays, Android will simply be laggy.
Not only that, but you have so many Android devices out there. Why not pick some unique platform instead of the most popular one (as of June 2017)?

It's like buying a Kindle e-reader with Android - it just doesn't fit it. It's way more fun to have the Amazon's Linux, which once Jailbreaked, opens a whole world of possibilities, so you can use your Kindle as a computer or even as a server.
I'd like to ask you 3 questions:

1: Did you watch the above video of Sony's DPT-R1 with Android?
2: If yes, do you think it's laggy?
3: Do you remember any 13.3 inch Android tablet in past 5 years not created by Chinese brands?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:10 AM   #20
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I'd like to ask you 3 questions:

1: Did you watch the above video of Sony's DPT-R1 with Android?
2: If yes, do you think it's laggy?
3: Do you remember any 13.3 inch Android tablet in past 5 years not created by Chinese brands?
Yup, I watched the video. And yet, everything (almost) looks shiny and cool on video. I think it won't be really useful to have Android on the DPT-RP1, in reality.

Of course, on video it isn't laggy but the DPT-RP1 was never made to have top-notch hardware or something that will just fly, running Android (because it doesn't have to be). A normal Kindle has just 256 MB of memory and I don't think that the DPT-RP1 to be any different.

I don't think that the 13.3 inch tablets are related to this DPT-RP1, because this device is not a tablet. Please watch the original introduction video to see what's its real purpose if you don't know what it is.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #21
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i voted yes for android. but i don't mean to turn it into an all purpose tablet. if i am able to read most of the ebook formats without having to install android on it, that would probably be a better solution.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:31 PM   #22
Ratio
Ratio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
My car is a BMW brand, it is secure and i paid for that, like i would pay for a well fiinished ereader device, the quality has price.
Unfortunately, BMW cars have been hacked quite a bit. Just Google "BMW hacked". I don't think any connected device is secure nowadays.
Ratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:24 AM   #23
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratio View Post
Unfortunately, BMW cars have been hacked quite a bit. Just Google "BMW hacked". I don't think any connected device is secure nowadays.
I think, people dont understand, specialy in cars matter, my car is safe for me and my family, that's the goal.
Some hackers play to hack cars, so what?, i am speaking about me and my experinece with Bmw' cars not John'scar. Its obvious and well known that BMW's car are safe like Honda, Toyoata, Mercedes etc..., some of them aren't , yes that's sure!

Last edited by lems1995; 08-15-2017 at 04:27 AM.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #24
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
I think, people dont understand, specialy in cars matter, my car is safe for me and my family, that's the goal.
It is not, no matter how confident you are. Or are you referring to driving safety, like ABS/ESP, to?
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #25
JoeS
Enthusiast
JoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
I haven't received mine yet, but I'm going with "Yes, Android please". I intend to do a lot of outdoor reading on this, and it would be nice to be able to run the NYT app, or one of the many magazine apps even if only in black and white. And as others have said, not having to convert epub and cbr files to PDF would be great!

Also: hi everyone, new forum member in the house
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #26
Xen
Connoisseur
Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Xen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle

Last edited by Xen; 08-22-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote