Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 10-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #271
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I got the clips, and my first impression is that they will work just fine. It remains to be seen how long the adhesive will last, of course, but the clip itself seems decent, and the size is good.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:32 PM   #272
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
How are the clips working?
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:59 PM   #273
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
How are the clips working?
Very well. It's been over two weeks; I clip and unclip multiple times a day, and no breakage yet. It does make the device much bulkier than the original flat clip.

The adhesive seems to be really strong, which is good, but I am wondering what it will be like to get pry it off when the clip mechanism inevitably breaks and I need to replace it with another clip from the pack.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:28 AM   #274
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Old trick -- take a piece of dental floss and work it under the clip. It cuts through the glue. It takes a bit of patience, but at least you know you can't break anything. (The old fashioned waxed kind seems to work better than the newer unwaxed kind, but I've used both.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 12:24 PM   #275
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Old trick -- take a piece of dental floss and work it under the clip. It cuts through the glue. It takes a bit of patience, but at least you know you can't break anything. (The old fashioned waxed kind seems to work better than the newer unwaxed kind, but I've used both.)
Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #276
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

The substitute clip on my mp3 player broke last night, but it wasn't too difficult to remove the glued-on part from the device. I carefully pried it loose with a blade, then was able to peel/rub off most of the residue and glue on another clip.

So all in all, I'm giving these clips a thumbs-up--the first clip lasted a month, and with a package of 50, I expect I'm good to go for a while.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:26 PM   #277
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Sounds like you have a winner, Catlady. You should have about 4 years or so of clips. And by then, you'll be looking for a new player anyway!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 12:58 PM   #278
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sounds like you have a winner, Catlady. You should have about 4 years or so of clips. And by then, you'll be looking for a new player anyway!
That's the plan!
Old 12-06-2022, 08:20 AM   #279
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The substitute clip on my mp3 player broke last night, but it wasn't too difficult to remove the glued-on part from the device. I carefully pried it loose with a blade, then was able to peel/rub off most of the residue and glue on another clip.

So all in all, I'm giving these clips a thumbs-up--the first clip lasted a month, and with a package of 50, I expect I'm good to go for a while.
I need to order some of these for all my clipless clips. They just sit in a box, poor little things.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 03:55 PM   #280
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Just decided to take a chance on a refurbished Echo (4th Gen) as it is one of the only devices with an audio in/out jack. I plan to attach my sansa clip to this port and play it through the Echo. None of my Dots have audio IN, they have audio out which won't play from the Sansa Clip. If this doesn't work, I'll send it back. I'll report my results!

I mainly use bluetooth earbuds now and my clips aren't bluetooth. The one Sansa which is bluetooth only works with old bluetooth, it won't work with modern bluetooth such as I have. So I am trying to find another way to use my Clips.

Device received, and I'm happy to say it works! Too bad the Dots don't have the line in feature, I have so many of them and hardly use them. I still use my original Alexa Echo every day, love that one, especially the volume ring at the top. So easy to maneuver in the dark.

Last edited by booklover6; 02-03-2023 at 04:26 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote