Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 03:16 AM   #1
flyx
flyx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyou T80
Exclamation How install dictionary on Boyue likebook ?

Default dictionary is empty and it seems need database , But i dunno what folder i have to move data and in what format
plz guide me , Thanks
flyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.orebmur holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox i86ML Plus, Boyue Likebook Note
If it is a Likebook Note we are talking about, then there is no way to get rid and/or replace the built in English/Chinese dictionary. I had to resort installing Goldendict in order to use other dictionaries. Unfortunately, while Goldendict is much more versatile and useful as a standalone dictionary application, it doesn't integrate well with other applications. I use Librera as my main reading software as the built in one is a bit limited.

Boyue promised in a private conversation to fix the dictionary integration at the end of the month. That's what they told me in August. Now we are in mid October and nothing happened until i checked last yesterday.

I'd wish Boyue just put the source code of their software on github so we could fix such limitations ourselves.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert