Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 12:06 AM   #16
serwei
Enthusiast
serwei began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
Or you could use one of those iphone backside rings.
Maybe there's a detachable or flatter version.

Last edited by serwei; 04-05-2018 at 12:08 AM.
serwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by serwei View Post
Or you could use one of those iphone backside rings.
Maybe there's a detachable or flatter version.

Image deleted
I would suggest using the attach file option for the image you used. See item 9 under the guidelines link at the bottom of the page for more info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTB1PXoTJVXXXXcWXXXXq6xXFXXXx.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	163252  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best way to hold a KA1 is in your hand with the KA1 in a case. I find Readers easier to hold when they are in a case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:54 AM   #19
serwei
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would suggest using the attach file option for the image you used. See item 9 under the guidelines link at the bottom of the page for more info.
Thanks, will do in future.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:56 AM   #20
serwei
Enthusiast

What I have is a book cover case that I hold with a L grip. Not that comfy either so I try not to read facing up
Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #21
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Get a strap that's attachable to the back of your ereader (even if it is in a cover).
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:46 PM   #22
RJAJ
RJAJ began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
I really wish there was a hard cover that extends out to the right like a kindle oasis. That would make the KA1 perfect for reading in bed.

I use a sleeve for the reader with no case. I like the feel of the plain reader than with a case. This thread was started when I bought the reader new. I have since settled on two methods while reading in bed. 1. lie sideways and prop the reader on a pillow or 2. lay on back and hold in L position between thumb and index.
RJAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #23
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I hold ereaders from the bottom right corner balancing it on my index finger with my thumb pushing down the corner.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:16 PM   #24
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I use pop sockets on all of my ereaders. They work really well for one handed use and can hold it in weird positions like over my head, etc.

https://www.popsockets.com/pages/whats-a-popsocket
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #25
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The best way to hold a KA1 is in your hand with the KA1 in a case. I find Readers easier to hold when they are in a case.
Do you find it the same for your H2O as well? It's all user preference, of course, but I find my H2O 1 is more comfortable to hold without a case. Initially, I used to keep a case on it all the time, but lately I find myself removing it to read. It's much more comfortable that way to me. It's one reason I love the original Kobo H2O case so much, the H2O pops out quickly and easily.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 04-17-2018 at 02:18 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Do you find it the same for your H2O as well? It's all user preference, of course, but I find my H2O 1 is more comfortable to hold without a case. Initially, I used to keep a case on it all the time, but lately I find myself removing it to read. It's much more comfortable that way to me. It's one reason I love the original Kobo H2O case so much, the H2O pops out quickly and easily.
Yes, my H2O is easier to hold with the case. I use a kwimobile case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #27
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
I know its not KA1 related but i find this the best cover for my h2o aliexpress.com/item/Stand-Folio-Protector-Cover-Case-with-Auto-Wake-Sleep-Function-for-Kobo-Aura-H2O-Edition-2/32831106102.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.RiTN0i

The backside has a loop to put your hand in so its way more easy to use it if you ask me.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote