Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #1
ronaldl
Enthusiast
ronaldl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Trouble viewing epub file in Calibre

My epub book will only display the cover and not the text in the article.

Yet, when I view the book in ADE 2.0, it displays like I expect. When I edit the book in Calibre, it displays as expected.

What can I do to get the view tool to display my book.
Attached Files
File Type: epub RonTestProg.epub (44.3 KB, 146 views)
ronaldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I opened your book in the calibre viewer and I can see the text if i select it. Your book is white text on a blue background. The calibre viewer is not displaying the blue background, so the white text is invisible on the white background. I don't know if this is by design or not.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer allows the user to override colors specified on body. Set the viewer background color to blue in the viewer preferences if that is what you want.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
ronaldl
Enthusiast

How to set viewer preferences

How do I set the view background color preference to blue?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl View Post
How do I set the view background color preference to blue?
Open a book in the Viewer. Click the gears icon in the Viewer controls. Click the button "colors and backgrounds". Click the Background color button "Change". Click the color you like on the color wheel. Adjust the color settings as desired. Click "Okay" button.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-22-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added some detail
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #6
ronaldl
Enthusiast

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Open a book in the Viewer. Click the gears icon in the Viewer controls. Click the button "colors and backgrounds". Click the Background color button "Change". Click the color you like on the color wheel. Adjust the color settings as desired. Click "Okay" button.
Thanks for the info. The books that I read are now in the right combination. I can see better with white on a blue background. Looks great on my laptop.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #7
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Version 1.21 came out today:

Bug Fixes
•Ebook viewer: Do not override the background color specified in the book if the user has not set a background color in the viewer preferences
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #8
ronaldl
Enthusiast

Great fix

I am pleased to see that Calibre will allow the user to set his own color scheme through the body {background-color:#...} command. I do like using the e-viewer in Calibre.

Makes using my Laptop that much more enjoyable.