Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Creating title metadata using a plugboard question

Is it possible to create a plugboard entry that will write a book tile to the device of the form:

Tag, Author, Title, Series #

The reason I want Tag as the first variable is that with the Nook+ you can either add books to shelves by selecting a shelf and then scrolling through the main book collection, hopefully spotting the books you want. The other way is to scroll to the bottom of your books collection and then adding the new books one at a time by specifying the shelf a particular book belongs to. In other words, it can be a real pain.

I already have a plugboard entry that adds series details but it occurred to me that if I could have Tag as the first entry, I could sort books on Tag and then have all, say, Horror novels together, making it so much easier to add now books of that genre.

Is that possible?

Thank you.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote