Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
ilovelabbies
ilovelabbies began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, iPhone
Error Message In Calibre

Not sure if this is something I am doing wrong or with the program. I noticed it when trying to save metadata.

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:database or disk is full
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 144, in run
OperationalError: database or disk is full

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.py", line 641, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1379, in set_rating
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 180, in run
DatabaseException: database or disk is full
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 144, in run
ilovelabbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
According to the error, your disk is full
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Or write protected?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
ilovelabbies

Tis neither,
I don't have a disk. Calibre is on my computer and my computer has plenty of space.
Nothing is write protected either.
Hmmmmm
Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

whats the size of the metadata.db file in the your calibre library folder, and what are the permissions on it?
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
ilovelabbies

I found the metadata file and in properties it states 148 KB.

All permissions are clicked to Allow except for Special Permissions.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm out of ideas. that error message basically indicates a failure to write to the metadata.db file. The common causes of that are full disk/write protected file/directory. The only other thing I can think of is the file being "quarantined" by some idiotic anti virus software or the other.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
ilovelabbies

It's OK. I retry usually and the second time around it doesn't give me the error.

The only anti-virus software that I have is Norton 360 and I consider it pretty darn good.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:56 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That suggest it IS Norton if the problem is intermittent?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #10
lvovsky
lvovsky began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
I'm getting this error today after not using calibre for a week or two. updated to the latest version 0.7.23 - same error...

metadate.db size 7,300K
space on disc ~300G

after dismissing the message box, calibre seems to function fine but is it a sign of corrupt database or something elses?...

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:database or disk is full
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 175, in run

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 242, in delete_books_by_id
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 986, in delete_book
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 211, in run
DatabaseException: database or disk is full
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 175, in run
lvovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
lvovsky
lvovsky began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
upon reboot, windows decided to to do chkdks on the drive where the database is stored. there was an error in index and an orphan file was fixed.

"the disk is full error" still came up.

I run database integrity check. It took a while (more than 15 min) and didn't find anything spectacular other than few extra files with formats that were not listed in the database and removed them.

and now the error is gone! started and exited calibre twice to double check. I'll post if it'll show up again.
lvovsky is offline   Reply With Quote