Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Fictionwise 45% off coupon

Code: 110912. Probably expires 11/15/2012. Does not apply to Samhain titles.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!

I will wait for 60%
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!

I will wait for 60%
I used it -- the Dell magazines are in this weeks New Ebooks.

Thanks!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Thanks! Good timing: just got the latest issues of Analog and Asimov's.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I will wait for 60%
Discounts this year, as far as I can tell:

Jan
40%
50%
35%
40%
Feb
30%
60%
?
55%
Mar
?
45%
25%
40%
April
30%
50%
60%
?
May
?
55%
40%
30%
June
45%
?
25%
50%
July
35%
55%
?
40%
?
August
45%
60%
?
50%
September
30%
30%
40%
55%
45%
October
60%
35%
50%
40%
November
55%
45%
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!
I will not use the code!

I will wait for 60%
Too too funny...

However, keep in mind that if you use the 45% code on something new, that also has the 15% "new" discount, the 45% and the 15% together will be close to 60% - not quite the same since the two discounts in series are a bit less than one by itself, but close.

Just thought I'd complicate your thought process a bit if any of the books you want are new!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Too too funny...

However, keep in mind that if you use the 45% code on something new, that also has the 15% "new" discount, the 45% and the 15% together will be close to 60% - not quite the same since the two discounts in series are a bit less than one by itself, but close.

Just thought I'd complicate your thought process a bit if any of the books you want are new!
Oh that is cruel!!! But so very true!!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh that is cruel!!! But so very true!!!
15% and 45% consecutively only add up to a 53.25% discount. There have been at least nine 55% or 60% discount weekends this year.

Even for new ebooks, it's best to wait.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
15% and 45% consecutively only add up to a 53.25% discount. There have been at least nine 55% or 60% discount weekends this year.

Even for new ebooks, it's best to wait.
Guess it just depends on your buying style. For me, I usually buy from Fictionwise whenever the discount, whether aggregate or not, is anything over 50%. If it's a really expensive book, when even a few percent will add up, I might wait for the 60%, but mostly anything over 50% is good enough for me.

Everyone's mileage is different, but I don't need every last penny from Fictionwise - they have been pretty good to me over the years, especially in pre-agency (and pre-BN) days.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I balance the percent discount with the list price and my interest in reading the material. Anything over 50% is usually "good enough." But there have been times when I was happy to use a 35% discount on some short stories that were priced at 99 cents.

So, just another "Thanks" to those who post these codes!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Bought the new Analog and Asimov issues. I might get around to reading them sometime in 2015...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
NightBird
Wizard

See this thread on the News Forum - Fictionwise is Shutting Down!

I wondered if something was up since they didn't put up any new books this week.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
See this thread on the News Forum - Fictionwise is Shutting Down!

I wondered if something was up since they didn't put up any new books this week.
Everyone back up your books!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

So I've used the 45% on the latest Asimov's and Analog (Jan 2013). But I'm having trouble downloading them. I suspect there's a bit of a rush on their servers.