Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2024, 02:57 PM   #2296
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
So I have jailbroken my Oasis3 and now I try to install KUAL

I'm probably to stupid, but I don't get it. In the readme of KUAL it says:

(KOA, KT3, KOA2, PW4, KT4, KOA3, PW5, KT5, KS)
Install the KUALBooklet update package via MRPI.
Run it by clicking KUAL document.

To me this seems like an endless loop.
To install KUAL I should use MRPI, But to run MRPI I should click KUAL. Which of course is not there yet because I didn't instal it because I should use MRPI first.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:44 PM   #2297
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
1) you “install” MRPI by simply copying MRPI archive contents to Kindle. Folders are “sxtensions” and “mrpi” (IIRC)
2) put KUAL .bin packages (install.bin + hotfix.bin from KUAL coplate archive)
3) run installrion from Kindle, by typing ;log mrpi in the search bar + hitting enter.
4) You will see installation process.
5) In case everything is OK, next time you can use KUAL to run mrpi.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 03:16 PM   #2298
hardmood
hardmood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis 9th
device and software release

hi experts, sorry but I really tried to read 100 pages. I'm confident I will be able to follow the perfect instructions here, thanks in advance!!
but I'm stuck a bit before

1. I always see fw>5.14.2. what about having 5.14.2?
2. I always see Koa 1,2 or 3 my device info tells me I have oasis 9th gen. and I thought my device is old, at least 5 years i guess. so I'm out?

thanks for some light!!
hardmood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 07:24 PM   #2299
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
1. Someone skipped out on basic arithmetic classes. > means strictly greater than. 5.14.2 is *not* strictly greater than 5.14.2.

2. Someone skipped out on reading the first (well, second ;p) paragraph of the JB index. Check your S/N against the table.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 04:18 PM   #2300
KetchupCider
KetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheese

Device: Paperwhite 4, Paperwhite 5 SE
I'm not sure how often KUAL is updated, but would it be possible to add a selectable option to exit directly to the Library tab, instead of the Home tab?

In the thread below, options to skip the Home tab and go directly to the Library tab have been discussed:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=357149

Just figured I'd ask in the KUAL thread and see. Love using KUAL!
KetchupCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 09:14 PM   #2301
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No, we're not going to be dealing with extra brittle stuff for a niche feature.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 10:40 AM   #2302
hardmood
hardmood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis 9th
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
1. Someone skipped out on basic arithmetic classes. > means strictly greater than. 5.14.2 is *not* strictly greater than 5.14.2.

2. Someone skipped out on reading the first (well, second ;p) paragraph of the JB index. Check your S/N against the table.
I'm well aware of the arithmetic but I wasn't sure about the usage here. and I never saw the sign (not even possible on android? >= in one sign with only one line - in an online forum...but if you would mean the sign here as mathematically smaller AND same then my software version would be ok here.

2. unfortunately text clearly states
detailed installation instructions, and come back here once that's done .... and identification with link comes after that.

so I was not even reading but going to jailbreak as instructed
hardmood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:09 PM   #2303
Zero_G
Zero_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
I need some help, Kual is opening but unable to run anything.

Device: Kindle PW5 (firmware 5.16.2.1.1)
Jailbreak used: LanguageBreak

I followed the "Important notice" of the instalation guide, that means I installed it via MRPI, and using the coplate's version (I tried installing both Update_KUALBooklet_f190a38_install.bin and, after an uninstall Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_f190a38_install.bin)

The behaviour is: Can open Kual, all extensions show, for example I can see kual+, I can even do a refresh menu. But when trying to run BinaryRenamer or renameotabin, they do nothing (should restart). Trying to open KOReader exits Kual and nothing happens (with all 3 options).

Seems the jailbreak is working ok, and only a problem with KUAL.

The guide says I need to be in the latest hotfix version, since I followed LanguageBreak I asume I am. Or does that mean I need to install the K5 JailBreak Hotfix? I'm afraid to do that one
Zero_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:19 PM   #2304
Zero_G
Zero_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
Update on my previous post, I managed to fix it. The problem is that I was missing the MKK folder after the jailbreak.

Saw someone with a similar problem
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=739
Zero_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:46 AM   #2305
Mhmad
Mhmad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
1) you “install” MRPI by simply copying MRPI archive contents to Kindle. Folders are “sxtensions” and “mrpi” (IIRC)
2) put KUAL .bin packages (install.bin + hotfix.bin from KUAL coplate archive)
3) run installrion from Kindle, by typing ;log mrpi in the search bar + hitting enter.
4) You will see installation process.
5) In case everything is OK, next time you can use KUAL to run mrpi.
Thank you very much, it worked for me, but I missed putting the kual hotfix, everything is working and kual installed, should I install the hotfix?
Mhmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 05:20 PM   #2306
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I don’t think so, if it works
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:45 PM   #2307
Mhmad
Mhmad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
I don’t think so, if it works
I said so 😁🙏
Mhmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 11:32 AM   #2308
henio81
henio81 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
how to uninstall Kual on pw3?
henio81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 01:13 PM   #2309
VinnieSift
VinnieSift began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (2021)
Hello, I'm trying to install KUAL after the jailbreak and the script appears to fail. Here there are some logs I got. I have a Kindle PaperWhite 5 (2021) with 5.16.2.1.1
VinnieSift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 10:55 AM   #2310
VinnieSift
VinnieSift began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (2021)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieSift View Post
Hello, I'm trying to install KUAL after the jailbreak and the script appears to fail. Here there are some logs I got. I have a Kindle PaperWhite 5 (2021) with 5.16.2.1.1
Nevermind, the coplate version worked. Next time, I'll read.

Y'all awesome, people. Keep doing such a great work!
VinnieSift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified