Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #1021
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Still unresponsive.

Tried to be a bit methodical in the touch input if that helps any.
  1. Tap 4 corners: top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right (may have mixed up the bottom ones)
  2. Tap center edges (cross pattern): top center, bottom center, left center, right center.
  3. Horizontal swipes (l to r): top, center, bottom
  4. Vertical swipes (t to b): left, center, right
  5. Diagonal swipes: top left - bottom right (& vice versa), top right - bottom left (& vice versa)

I may have switched #4 and #5. Ugh, I'm too young for my memory to be failing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kt4-snow-crash.txt (410.1 KB, 214 views)
File Type: txt kt4-snow-ev.txt (88.7 KB, 211 views)
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #1022
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
I want to change the size of the upper status bar, for this I insert a new parameter in settings.reader.lua:
["cre_header_status_font_size"] = 40, but this entry is not saved.
I edit using TextEdit.app on MacOS.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #1023
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
What do you mean by it isn't saved? Are you doing this while KOReader is running?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #1024
jhh
jhh began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@jhh: Are you also still on the factory FW?
Now my KT4 in on firmware 5.11.2. Still no luck with KOReader nightly, it's unresponsive.
If you need shell access, I haven't managed to set it up yet (I get APIPA IP).
jhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #1025
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Frenzie
I save the document, reload KOREader and nothing changes in the interface. Again I open settings.reader.lua and no changes have been saved to it.
Advert
Old 06-09-2019, 02:30 PM   #1026
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If KOReader overwrites your changes it means it's restoring them from the backup, i.e., you introduced a syntax error. Which is weird, because your fragment works for me.

It needs to go in between the return {}:

Code:
return {
  ["cre_header_status_font_size"] = 40,
}
Unless the comma was part of your sentence and not part of what you actually wrote. The comma is an important part of the syntax.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #1027
makara
Connoisseur

The comma is part of the text. Thank. I'll try again, but more carefully.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:08 PM   #1028
makara
Connoisseur

I do not understand the location of { } at the beginning and at the end.

-- we can read Lua syntax here!
return {
["copt_line_spacing"] = 110,
["disable_double_tap"] = true,
["copt_render_dpi"] = 300,
["start_with"] = "last",
["disable_kobolight"] = true,
["cre_header_status_font_size"] = 30,
["full_refresh_count"] = 12,
["larger_tap_area_to_follow_links"] = true,
["copt_b_page_margin"] = 10,
["gesture_fm"] = {

that doesn't work.

Last edited by makara; 06-09-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:51 PM   #1029
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
that doesn't work.
It should, unless that represents the actual end result instead of merely the first few lines. A complete file would look like this:

Code:
return {
    ["copt_line_spacing"] = 110,
    ["disable_double_tap"] = true,
    ["copt_render_dpi"] = 300,
    ["start_with"] = "last",
    ["disable_kobolight"] = true,
    ["cre_header_status_font_size"] = 30,
    ["full_refresh_count"] = 12,
    ["larger_tap_area_to_follow_links"] = true,
    ["copt_b_page_margin"] = 10,
}
Any opening and closing brackets have to match.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #1030
makara
Connoisseur

Nothing happens. I'll go tomorrow. Thank!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #1031
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Last "element" in that "options list" shouldn't end with a comma. That is a syntax error.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #1032
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Last "element" in that "options list" shouldn't end with a comma. That is a syntax error.
Not only is it not a syntax error, but removing trailing commas is bad practice.

Last edited by Frenzie; 06-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #1033
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jhh: Thanks for double-checking .

Unfortunately, input handling gives me hives, so, this is going to need a willing dev with the device to figure out :/.

It's *probably* something stupidly simple, but, still, hard (and/or annoying ;p) to remotely debug, even if I actually liked dealing with input crap ^^.

EDIT: Opened #5070 to track it.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-10-2019 at 02:10 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #1034
makara
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
This is not my fault. On my two books, Kindle and Aura are the same.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #1035
jhh
jhh began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Ok, @NiLuJe and @ilovejedd, thanks a lot for your work so far!
jhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch