Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 04:21 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Unwanted wallpaper

Hi

Using Koreader on a PW3. I think I use the latest Koreader version.

I changed the wallpaper unwittingly (I really don't know how I did it) and I would like to revert to the previous one (The Kindle usual wall paper with pencils). It must be buried somewhere in the Kindle's system but I am unable to write its path.

Could someone advise me on this?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Unless you have a Special Offers Kindle, KOReader will honor its own ScreenSaver settings, so, I'd take a look over here (somewhere around the Gear tab IIRC).

And if you do have a SO Kindle, then that'd simply be a new batch of SO pushed through to your device by Amazon, nothing we can (or should) do about it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:24 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Unless you have a Special Offers Kindle, KOReader will honor its own ScreenSaver settings, so, I'd take a look over here (somewhere around the Gear tab IIRC).

And if you do have a SO Kindle, then that'd simply be a new batch of SO pushed through to your device by Amazon, nothing we can (or should) do about it.
Thanks for your reply.

I've blocked all Amazon updates years ago and still do (using the folder update.bin.tmp.partial). I do not think I have a SO Kindle either. I was just used seeing this "pencils" image when Koreader was sleeping and some unhappy pressing of keys of mine changed this for a useless screenshot.

Having a second look at it, I realized that a lot of effort has recently been done about screensavers on Koreader. If I select the option "cover of the current book", it provides in fact quite an acceptable screensaver.

If by chance, you happen to know the path of the original Kindle screensaver, it will be a bonus but it's not that important.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Boy, do I .

The default screensavers should be in /usr/share/blanket/screensaver . You could technically use that with either the image or folder mode .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard

Thank you and long life to Koreader and its developers.