Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
tanks79
Book and Tech lover.
tanks79 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nook Simple Touch GlowLight, Google Books
Angry Sony e-book library issues

I am having all kinds of problems with my ereader. I open the sony ebook library and the only place it shows any of my books is under the purchased tab. On my ereader I have books I can't read that I downloaded from the sony book store. The title is in my ereader, but when I select it, it says it only has one page. I don't have an error, and I just downloaded books less than two weeks ago, and was able to read them just fine. I am operating on vista home premium, and 3.2 version of the ebook library. I have tried uninstalling the library, and reinstalling it, redownloading the books. They are all still on my computer. I don't know why I am having these issues, the whole thing was working fine and I didn't change anything! Any ideas? I am not very computer savvy.
tanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, tanks79, and I'm sorry you haven't had an answer yet.

Just to understand the problem for better help advice:

Vista Home premium and Sony Library 3.2 installed

You must also have ADE as you stated that 2 weeks ago you were able to read downloaded Sony books.

In the Reader Library, books only show under "Purchased", not in the "Books".

Now a couple of questions...

When you sign in to the Sony Library and go to "My Account", after you scroll down the page, is your computer and Sony Reader listed under "My Devices"?

Also, on your Sony Reader, when you check under "Settings" then "About",do you see that the Reader is authorized for the Sony store/library and then below it, is it authorized for Adobe?

On my Vista laptop my books are stored under:

owner / Documents / My Books / Reader Library - for those books from Sony

owner / Documents / My Digital Editions - for other ADE books
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert