Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
T. C. Boyle's - Wild Child is out

He writes some incredible short stories. Anyone read this one? Unfortunately it's priced at $14.27 at both Amazon and Sony at the moment.

Last edited by kennyc; 01-26-2010 at 09:36 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Give it a few days and it'll drop on both.

I was thinking about checking out "The Women" the other day. I wasn't really interested in it (especially after that bomb of a movie that came out a few years ago), but then I found out that it was about Frank Lloyd Wright's various ladies.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Give it a few days and it'll drop on both.

I was thinking about checking out "The Women" the other day. I wasn't really interested in it (especially after that bomb of a movie that came out a few years ago), but then I found out that it was about Frank Lloyd Wright's various ladies.

I recently watched the multi-part (American Masters ???) series on Frank Lloyd Wright and found the whole personality/family stuff totally fascinating. I may have to read that one myself.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I recently watched the multi-part (American Masters ???) series on Frank Lloyd Wright and found the whole personality/family stuff totally fascinating. I may have to read that one myself.
Ooh that sounds good. I just recently read an article about it in Smithsonian which was very good.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
He writes some incredible short stories. Anyone read this one? Unfortunately it's priced at $14.27 at both Amazon and Sony at the moment.
I think you and I have similar tastes when it comes to literature and reading. I love his writings and collect them in First Edition. I'm only missing his first book to have a complete set of his work.

I found out about this one 2 days ago. It looks REALLY good!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-27-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: removed "the"
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
kennyc

I'll standby for a bit and see if the price drops, but may have to buy it anyway.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll standby for a bit and see if the price drops, but may have to buy it anyway.

I'm with you on that, too.

(Psssst: Don't tell anyone, but if it doesn't drop, I'll still buy it.)

Don
Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm with you on that, too.

(Psssst: Don't tell anyone, but if it doesn't drop, I'll still buy it.)

Don
Yeah, me too, but (don't tell anyone) I might buy used pbook.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
kennyc

Price dropped at Amazon to $13.65.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
kennyc

Dang. Still hasn't dropped to $9.99....but at least it's not from MacMillan.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Dang. Still hasn't dropped to $9.99....but at least it's not from MacMillan.

Yep: Still waiting....but not too much longer. I'm going to buy it shortly, probably within the next 2-3 weeks.

Don
Old 02-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
kennyc

I'm right there with you Don, I'm hopeful that it will rise up the bestseller list this weekend and the price will fall.